Skip navigation
Bernie69
Currently Being Moderated

Indesign CS6 crashing all the time when Placing an image

Mar 16, 2013 12:48 PM

Tags: ##cs6 ##indesign ##crash ##crashing ##insert-image ##placing_image

Repost from Installation forum.

Indesign from Design Standard CS6 installed about 2 months ago on a Dell Precision Laptop with 4 Gb Ram Windows XP SP03.  No other programs are running.  I open Indesign and create a document 4.8" high x 4.7" wide.  I insert an object box then place a image that I want to use as a background.  I attempt to select the image to fit it proportionally in the box and Indesign crashes...every time.  So far I've tried searching the knowledge base, a repair, reset all my preferences, created a completely new document, cleared my recovery files, error checking on my HD...and...cursed and thrown my hands in the air.  Nothing helps!!  The program worked 2 days ago when I just had to create a 2 page document with mostly text...now I can't get past this beginning point and I have to have this ad completed by first thing Monday morning.  I can't contact Adobe because they don't do weekends...even though they charge premium prices for the software...so I need some help please.  Any ideas on what to do?

Thanks,

Bernie

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 16, 2013 12:52 PM   in reply to Bernie69

Try a system restore to 2 days ago...

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 16, 2013 6:08 PM   in reply to Bernie69

Have you tried with a different image? Maybe there's an issue with the image? Or just try to open a new document and leave the default settings and place your image and see what happens. 

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points