Skip navigation
jrfisher1
Currently Being Moderated

can anyone tell me why this is appearing?

Mar 16, 2013 11:24 PM

I am not a noob but no web designer either. I cant figure out this problem.

On this page, www.YPTusa.com/tv.html, for some reason, I have a white strip running across the top of my page. By comparison, it doesn't appear on my index page: www.YPTusa.com.

I've tried everything I know to figure out why it is there including dissecting the code (both html and css).

Would anyone be able to inspect the elements of both pages at tell me how I can get rid of it? Its really driving me nuts.

Thanks for anything anyon ecan do.

J

Replies
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Mar 16, 2013 11:53 PM   in reply to jrfisher1

Remove this line:

<video class="jwplayer" src="/uploads/video.mp4" poster="/uploads/image.jpg"></video>

The white strip should go away.

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Mar 17, 2013 12:24 AM   in reply to jrfisher1

You're welcome. The tag you had earlier was way before the actual place where it should've been (even if it had any effect on your video player). Anyway, your video is being loaded in a container much after that within a flash version of the JW player. So, yes, that tag was redundant.

Do post back if you have more questions. Happy to help

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Mar 17, 2013 1:51 AM   in reply to jrfisher1

The CSS file you've defined is not found on the server:

CSS/layout_tv_menubar.css

Check to ensure this file exists or re-upload it for the HTML document to be able to load the styles.

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Mar 17, 2013 8:26 AM   in reply to jrfisher1

Lot of reasons. Dependant file upload may have been disabled (when it prompts you), server trouble (failed uploads), etc... You can review your DW Server Logs to see if that yields any info.

But, glad it's fixed now

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Mar 17, 2013 11:06 AM   in reply to jrfisher1

All of us were in that situation once. One thing to remember is 'Learning never stops'! All the best

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Apr 2, 2013 11:12 PM   in reply to jrfisher1

It happens in CS6 too. DW usually prompts you to 'Put Dependant Files' when you try to Put any HTML or PHP file. Unless you clicked 'Don't ask again' and clicked 'No', that is how it should work for you.

Another scenario is when you're trying to import or load another CSS from within a CSS using @import tag. Such cases, DW may not put the file for you automatically.

One thing you could do is to enable 'Synchronization' to ensure all files locally are in sync with the remote server. Or, manually use the Files panel to multiple select all required files and hit 'Put' to put all to server at once.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 3, 2013 6:01 AM   in reply to Sudarshan Thiagarajan

If you go into PREFERENCES > Site, you will find an option to prompt for dependent files on put and get. Enable those options. Then when you are next prompted, enable the option not to show the prompt again. Now dependent files will be automatically uploaded until you again reset those PREFERENCES settings.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points