Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Color Swatches in Toolbar for Fill and Stroke are not working properly.

Mar 17, 2013 1:54 AM

Tags: #illustrator #color #fill #swatches #stroke #cs6 #eyedropper_tool #color_swatches #eyedropper_problem

The color swatches in toolbar for fill and stroke are not functioning as they should.  When I select an object on the artboard, the swatches display fine in the toolbar for what they should be.  However, when I double-click on those swatches from within the toolbar to modify the color, the color which comes up is #000000 instead of the actual color it should be. 

I am using 16.2.1 (cloud) for Mac OS 10.8.2

I've submitted a bug report, but want to know if anyone else has had this issue and what they did to resolve the issue.

Also, the eyedropper tool is buggy and occasionally places the #000000 into an object instead of the characteristics the eyedropper is selecting.  I don't have any hidden layers or weird groupings, it just randomly decides when it is going to work or not.

I've never had these issues on previous versions of illustrator and have been proficient in all versions since 2007.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 17, 2013 6:52 AM   in reply to kimberlyibourne

Kimberly,

It sounds like something that might be a preference corruption.

You may try to Move the folder

It is reversible, so you can get your settings back if the issue persists.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 18, 2013 6:53 AM   in reply to kimberlyibourne

Double click the eyedropper, and turn on appearance, is off by default.

Screen Shot 2013-03-18 at 8.50.36 AM.png

For your #000000 color problem that also likely is related to appearance setting. You may have for example have some with #000000 at the character level, and another color at the type level.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points