Skip navigation
Piawaj
Currently Being Moderated

Program freezes on "getting media" Elements 11

Mar 16, 2013 8:03 PM

On the 29th January 2013 Rafi C reported the problem reported above. The issue does not appear to have been resolved. I have the identical issue.

Every time I attempt to go into the Organizer program I get a dialogue box informing me that new files have been dowloaded to be imported into the catalog. A yes no option is available for whether new files are to be shown in the browser. The program does not respond to any other option. I can click yes or no and am taken to a new dialogue box informing that the program is getting media. It races through a series of photos and then jams up at some point (say 80%). No further response is possible from the program other than to exit entirely. This is clearly a bug. Is there many fix? I am about to ask for a refund. By the way unable to find the psa.prf file.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 17, 2013 11:09 PM   in reply to Piawaj

Seems like you have "watched folders". Any change to these folders is propogated to organizer catalog using Watched Folder service. You may turn this off by following steps-

1. Click File >> Watch Folders >> Remove any folders present in this dialog.

2. Close Organizer

3. Click on the windows start button and type services -> run this exe

You should see a dialog like-

img.jpg

Right click on Adobe Active File Monitor V10 >> Stop.

Let us know is resolves your issue.

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 19, 2013 3:45 AM   in reply to Piawaj

'watch folder' functionality can be accessed through 'File->Watch folders' menu option. On doing so, a dialog will be opened. Uncheck the 'Watch folders and their sub-folders for new files' option as shown in attached snapshot (attached snapshot is for PSE10 but this dialog is same in PSE11 also).

watch.png

Please let me know if you stuck somewhere.

~Andromeda

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 19, 2013 6:46 AM   in reply to Piawaj

You need to check File menu in Organizer to see Watch folder functionaity.

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 21, 2013 6:41 AM   in reply to Piawaj

Please refer to trouble shooting section of this blog: http://tinyurl.com/d95sbv6

Please revert if you still face the issue.

~Andromeda

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 21, 2013 6:44 AM   in reply to Piawaj

Please stop the watch folder service as explained on this blog or in the replies above. You don't need to launch Organizer to stop this service. Also kill Adobe Photoshop File Agent if running in Task Manager and then launch Organizer.

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 23, 2013 2:10 AM   in reply to Piawaj

Hi Piawaj,

If your issue is related to watch folders, refer to the detailed steps mentioned on blog (link alreaady shared in my last reply) http://tinyurl.com/d95sbv6.

But if you are saying that Organizer is not launching/freezes on startup, please refer to Organizer section of the blog: http://tinyurl.com/afrvtk3

Please revert if I missed something.

~Andromeda

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points