Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Recordsets not showing up in bindings panel Dreamweaaver CS6

Mar 17, 2013 5:37 AM

I have just installed Dreamweaver CS6 and am working on some existing dynamic pages that were setup using DW CS4. At first I see the existing recordsets already on the page in the bindings panel. Then they disappear and I only see the + to add a recordset.

The site is setup. The testing server is remote. I can see all of the tables in the database in the "databases" panel so I know the connection to the database is working properly. Using VB Script with Access datase

I have updated CS6 to build 5861

I need a fix for this as soon as possible.

Replies
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 17, 2013 7:59 AM   in reply to HalRau

Seems like a problem with the DW Connections. Did you try closing/ re-opening the file to see if the recordsets are alive?

Also, generally, an incorrect server model may result in this issue.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 17, 2013 1:25 PM   in reply to HalRau

Adobe ended support for Classic ASP as of DWCS5. Perhaps this is what is responsible for your symptoms?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 17, 2013 2:05 PM   in reply to HalRau

I am pretty certain it is not a bug in CS6. But if it were, and if it affected only Classic ASP pages, then I think the likelihood that it would be fixed is quite small.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 17, 2013 3:02 PM   in reply to HalRau

Let's see the code.  It couldn't hurt.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 17, 2013 9:45 PM   in reply to HalRau

>It seems strange that they would appear and then disappear.

Do they disappear if you don't make any changes to the page? Are you prompted to save the file, and are you saving it, even if you made no modifications?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 29, 2013 7:51 PM   in reply to HalRau

Have you solved this? I am having exactly the same issue CS6.  I create pages, test on WAMP, go live with them and they work fine.  Open the local copies on WAMP and the bindings + server behaviors are gone - replaced with the to do list.  However, they still function fine on the local WAMP server.  Sometimes I get them to reappear by closing and opening the file or sometimes there's no bindings but there are some server behaviors.  If that happenes, clicking on one of the behaviors kicks the bindings back.  Weird.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 20, 2013 7:13 AM   in reply to bregent

Any other ideas on this issue? It driving me crazy.

I have shut down DW, dumped the .dat file in config. Made small change to page. etc. I can't get one of the record sets to show up. I can query, the page works online but bindings refuse to show a record set.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points