Skip navigation
iamjuliani
Currently Being Moderated

"DynamicLink is not available" error, can somebody help me?

Mar 17, 2013 1:05 PM

Tags: #photoshop #image #crash

Sorry, my english is not the best, but I'll try to explain the best I can. I'm trying to open a video in Photoshop, to make gifs, it's the first time I'm trying to do something like this ever. But everytime I go to Import > Video Frames to Layers, the same error appears in my screen:

erro.jpg

I've trying to do all the tips that I found here, and none of them has worked. Can somebody help me, please?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 17, 2013 11:50 PM   in reply to iamjuliani

You are not providing any system specs, details about your video and otehr info. From your screenshot we can only conclude that you are using windows XP and well, then certain functions simply won't be avialable no matter what. Refer to the Tech Specs on the product page and provide more info.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 18, 2013 7:28 AM   in reply to iamjuliani

It looks like you only have less than 2 gig of ram and only 779 meg for Photoshop.  I don't see how the program even runs.  You need at least 4 gigs to make it limp along.

The days of the XP OS are over.  If you are going to run modern programs you need a 64 bit program with min. of 8 gigs of ram and a decent video card.

Built-in memory: 1023 MB

Free memory: 70 MB

Memory available to Photoshop: 779 MB

Memory used by Photoshop: 70 %

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,455 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Mar 18, 2013 7:39 AM   in reply to iamjuliani

By the way, you may want to update Photoshop to the latest release - i.e., 13.0.4 at the time of this writing. 

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 18, 2013 7:52 AM   in reply to Noel Carboni

Noel Carboni wrote:

By the way, you may want to update Photoshop to the latest release - i.e., 13.0.4 at the time of this writing. 

-Noel

I thought latest update for Windows OS was 13.0.1.1

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,455 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Mar 18, 2013 7:54 AM   in reply to Curt Y

Sorry, yes, I think you're right.  The confusion of the version numbering got the better of me.  I'm on 13.1.2 as my head is now in the clouds.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 18, 2013 9:44 AM   in reply to iamjuliani

Your graphics card does not have enough memory, so the video stuff never even initializes. At least a 512 MB card is required. This will never work on your system. As the others said, you are, by today's standards, running a toaster...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points