Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

how do i mute an audio track without deleting it.

Mar 17, 2013 5:04 PM

how do i mute an audio track without deleting it?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 17, 2013 6:16 PM   in reply to Photoquest8458

Probably the easiest way to do this is by checking Mute in Audio Mixer for that Track. You access Audio Mixer via the Tools Tab on the Toolbar in PrE 11, and via Window>Audio Mixer in previous versons.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - It would be great to be able to Disable an entire Track in PrE, like in PrPro. One CAN Disable Clips, but a full Track Disabling would be easy. I have filed Feature Requests for that feature, but so far, no go.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 18, 2013 6:06 PM   in reply to Photoquest8458

you are correct that would be a nice feature.  there is plenty of room for on the audio header

Yes there is, and I would also love to see full Track Locking added, just like in PrPro. So far, my requests have fallen on deaf ears too.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2013 7:27 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

I too am trying to mute an entire track. When I open Audio Mixer and select mute for Audio 1, the track is successfully muted. However, when I close Audio Mixer, the change is not saved and Audio 1 is again audible. Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2013 8:48 AM   in reply to mtwe4

There have been a few recent posts, where Audio Mixer settings are not "held," in PrE 11. Those cited problems seem to be Project-specific, in that Audio Mixer works, as expected, in a new Project - just not the one, causing issues.

I do not know if there is a glitch/Bug in Audio Mixer, or if the users are doing something that is "disconnecting" Audio Mixer in some way.

As a test, create a New Project, Import a Video file with Audio (Muxed Video Stream and Audio Stream), and test Audio Mixer, and the Mute function there. How does Audio Mixer work in that Project? Does the Muting of the Audio "stick?"

Second test: in your existing Project, Select all the Clips on that Audio Track #1, and drag them to Audio Track #2, or another, empty Audio Track, and test the Mute for that new Track, in Audio Mixer. How does that work for you? Does the Mute stick?

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points