Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Missing Title Page - Elements Version 10

Mar 18, 2013 7:06 AM

On a previous version of Elements, there was a Title page available that had a light green swirl on a blue background.  On version 10, I cannot find this Title page.  Has it been removed?  If not, where can I find this Title page?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 18, 2013 8:21 AM   in reply to Vendben1

Does the template have a name or can you post a picture of it?

If it's the Acquarium template, it's still there. There's also Fun Credits.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 18, 2013 8:45 AM   in reply to Vendben1

It does not appear that your Image attached to the Reply.

If it's a JPEG, or a PNG, just use the little "camera" icon, navigate to that file on your computer, and attach it.

If it's the original PSD (the Photoshop format that all Menus use), or other format, like PRTL, they will not attach, as one would want. Depending on the format, then one might need to convert that format to PNG, or JPEG.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 18, 2013 8:50 AM   in reply to Vendben1

Also, what is the genre, i.e. Entertainment, and what is the name of that Title?

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 18, 2013 8:55 AM   in reply to Vendben1

Is this the one that you are looking for?

Space_Travel_01.jpg

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 18, 2013 9:02 AM   in reply to Vendben1

It did not attach either.

Are you responding to the Forum via an e-mail client? If so, most cannot attach an Image, even with the little "camera" icon. The workaround is to access the Forum via a Web browser, and you should have no issues.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 18, 2013 9:07 AM   in reply to Vendben1

Here are the ones that Steve mentioned. One is a full Frame Title, and the other is its Lower-third Title:

Aquarium_01_A.jpg

Aquarium_01_B.jpg

Those are Aquarium, in the General genre.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 18, 2013 10:39 AM   in reply to Vendben1

Yes, that Image attached perfectly. I looked in two different versions of PrE, 4.0 & 11, and did not see that one. Do you recall the name and genre?

It might have been specific to only a few versions of the program? Sometimes, Adobe removes, and/or adds others in the Additional Functional Content material.

Thanks and good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 18, 2013 10:54 AM   in reply to Vendben1

You have been very helpful, and also patient.

I never had PrE 8, so cannot directly check for you, but we are fortunate to have many subscribers, who will know the Additional Functional Content in that version, and probably a few, who still have it installed on their systems. It is likely that they can help you in your search.

I would have guessed General for the genre, and made sure to double-check that, for both my versions - no luck.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 18, 2013 11:09 AM   in reply to Vendben1

Not exactly the same, but just a quick creation from Photoshop:

Title_01.png

Might be easier to create what you want, if you have Photoshop, or Photoshop Elements.

Good luck, and hope that you can locate the exact file needed - should be a PRTL (Premiere Elements Title Template).

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 18, 2013 11:31 AM   in reply to Vendben1

In that case, I started with an HDV 1920 x 1080 Video Preset, with white Background, but as the Background is covered up, that should not matter.

I then did a Gradient Fill on a diagonal from light blue to deep purple.

I created a New Layer, did a feathered (50 pxl IIRC) Circle Selection, to keep the next step constrained and did a Radial Gradient w/ greens.

Next, I did a Free Transform (Ctrl+T), and Rotated that Layer by about 45 degrees.

Next, I applied the Twirl Filter, at a high setting to get the "swirl." Then I applied a Radial Blur to that, followed by a fairly heavy Gausian Blur (probably about 8 pxls.), and finally adjusted the Opacity of that Layer down to about 60%.

I did a Save_As PSD (so that I could do more work, if necessary), then output a PNG, which I attached.

If that works for you, I can e-mail the PSD to you, and let you perhaps adjust the Opacity, to suit your needs. You could also Blur that spiral Layer more, if needed, and maybe even add a Hue/Saturation Adjustment Layer to it to alter its colors.

Just drop me a Private Message (click on my Profile, and to the upper-right, choose Send Private Message). List your e-mail address, and I will send that PSD to you, for additional work. That would save you having to start over.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 18, 2013 6:38 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Bill Hunt and Vendben1

What you are looking for is an Adobe Title Template under Premiere Elements workspace Edit Tab/Titles/General/Generic One/file named "generic1_title.prtl.

In some earlier Premiere Elements versions it is was offered as a Title Template and DVD Menu Template or just the Title Template. Here is what you would be expected to find:

Premiere Elements 4, 7, and 8.0/8.0.1, the design as title template and DVD Menu Template

Premiere Elements 9, the design as title template, but the DVD Menu Template is no longer offered

Premiere Elements 10 and 11, no such title template or DVD Menu Template.

In Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 (Windows 7 64 bit), the "generic1_title.prtl" can be found in the path of:

Program Files (x86)

Adobe

Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0

Presets

Templates

Common

General

Generic One

and in the Generic One Folder is the generic1_title.prtl file along with is credits, frame, and lower 3rd version.

If you still have a purchased copy of Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1, you might consider trying to move that file from 8.0/8.0.1 to 10. I can offer the path. However, initial attempts to do that transfer result in a blank title template with only the text of the .prtl visible in a Premiere Elements 10 project. I will do a bit more work on this to try determine why the image is not transferring with the text for the .prtl.

By the way, if I transfer the Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 Generic One DVD Menu Template Folder from 8.0/8.0.1 to 10, the transfer is completely successful. In the case of the DVD Menu Template transfer the file involved is .psd.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 18, 2013 6:54 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Bill Hunt and Vendben1

The rest of the story relating to why the blank, except for text, title template prtl when I transferred the "generic1_title.prtl" from Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 to Premiere Elements 10.....

Not only did I need to transfer the .prtl file whose path I described previously, but I also need to transfer the .png file associated with it. And, that .png was stored to another location in Logos whose path to is the following in Windows 7 64 bit.

Program Files (x86)

Adobe

Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0

Presets

Logos

Common

and in the Common Folder will be the generic1_title.png file along with its .png files for other varients of that theme, that is, generic1_frame.png, generic_lower3rd.png. There is no .png for the third varient generic1_credits.prtl. That one is just rolling credits to which you add your own background in the workspace.

If you have a purchased copy of version 8.0/8.0.1 or one of the versions that has the needed files, these files can be placed in the correct location in the purchased copy of Premiere Elements 10 so that they can be used there.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 19, 2013 8:29 AM   in reply to A.T. Romano

ATR,

Great detective work.

PrE 4.0 had that PRTL, and the PNG for it, just where you said that it was in PrE 8.

PrE 11 does not have either of those files, at least in my installation, which should have the full compliment of Additional Functional Content - neither file shows up, and nothing by the name of "generic1" anything.

Thank you for your research. I am very impressed.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 19, 2013 10:08 AM   in reply to Vendben1

Michael,

The one problem with sending files from my, or anyone's, copy of PrE is that all of that material is © by Adobe Systems. They are not mine, per se, to send.

When I am sent such files, usually Menu Sets in PSD, from versions of PrE, or Encore that I do not own, to test for the Forum, I Delete those, as soon as my testing is complete, as I do not have the rights to use those files - only if I had the version of the Adobe program, from which they came.

I do not recall if the Additional Functional Content is available as a second install from the physical media discs in PrE 8 (never had that version), or whether it will install if another, later version of PrE is installed on a system, but if you have either the physical, or the second of the two download files, you might try to install that Additional Functional Content. One consideration is whether this Generic1 Title is in the limited Functional Content, that is installed WITH PrE, or is in the CAB (or other file type), in the Additional Functional Content.

Knowing that it IS in PrE 4.0 does not answer the above question. Heck, until ATR did his research, I never thought that it might be in my older version, but with the PNG (necessary to display the PRTL file in the Library Display) elsewhere. Thanks to ATR for that work, and info. Not sure if that points to a mistake on Adobe's part, of if it is "hidden" for some other reason? We will probably never know.

Why it was removed from later versions is just the way it happens. Adobe will add Additional Functional Content, from time to time, and will remove some, that they deem to no longer be useful. Though smallish files, they DO take up HDD space, and as most Additional Functional Content is now on Adobe hosted servers, I feel that someone decided that that particular Title was no longer popular enough to include.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 19, 2013 1:01 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

HDV 1920 x 1080 Video Preset

hdv cannot be 1920 x 1080 its always 1440x1080 par 1.33.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 19, 2013 1:16 PM   in reply to Ann Bens

Ann,

The term comes from the Photoshop Video Preset:

Photoshop_HDV_Preset.png

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 19, 2013 3:37 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Bill Hunt

Interesting Photoshop choice of Preset name, probably thinking display rather than the 1440 x 1080 HD anamporphic 16:9 which is stretched by the 16:9 flag to 1920 x 1080 for display after encoding.

While I am still in the "comparative mode" from the Premiere Elements title template part of this thread, I did some comparisons on the Photoshop Elements side of things and how it designates the new documents presets. In Photoshop Elements 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11, same under Full Editor/File Menu/New/Blank/Presets/Film & Video for any thing that has "HDV" in the size field:

HDV/HDTV 720p,

shows details of width = 1280 pixels, height = 720 pixels, resolution 72 pixels/inch (defaults)

HDV 1080p,

show details of width = 1440 pixels, height = 1080 pixels, resolution 72 pixels/inch (defaults)

Photoshop Elements has no Film & Video with Presets = "HDV, 1920 x 1080 (with guides)" with the sizing of width = 1920 pixels, height = 1080 pixels, and resolution = 72 pixels/inch. Did the New dialog settings posted in your screenshot (post #26) come with the program or were you able to create and name that one yourself for your convenience?

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 19, 2013 4:41 PM   in reply to A.T. Romano

ATR,

Those were included Presets. In the drop-down, all of the Video Presets are at the bottom of the list, after Custom, and the more common paper sizes. The Presets also specify the PAR of the Image, and as you can see, this one is PAR=1.0, or square pixels, and not the more common PAR=1.333, that Ann mentioned. I realize that the Photoshop Preset goes against the specs. of HDV, but for one using PS, I listed it, exactly as it appears.

In the case of the PS Image Presets, one normally has the option of "With Guides," which are the Title-safe and Action-safe areas, shown with PS Guides. There are, in several cases, the same Preset, without the Guides. As I will normally want those Title-safe and Action-safe Guides, that is my choice. As those Guides do not translate to Premiere via Importing the resulting PSD, they are only used by me, in my design, whether a Title, or a Menu.

IIRC, PS added those with the CS version, when non-square pixels were first introduced. I do not believe that PS version 7/7.0.1 did not have those, as it could only do square pixels. Also, PS was before Premiere, in adopting the BBC PAR's, taken to 4 decimal places. It seems that Premiere went that direction with about CS 4.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points