Skip navigation
RonUkrainetz
Currently Being Moderated

PSE 11 won't recognize scanner; running MAC OS 10.8. Suggestions?

Mar 18, 2013 7:55 AM

I have tried moving TWAIN.plugin, but to no avail. Tried to install old driver; won't install 'powerpc format'.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 18, 2013 10:02 AM   in reply to RonUkrainetz

It sounds like your scanner is too old, or at least the driver is. Go to the manufacturer's website and check for a driver that's compatible with 10.8.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 18, 2013 2:02 PM   in reply to RonUkrainetz

I don't know who at adobe told you that, since that's the only way to make any scanner work in PSE on any platform. Just move the whole importmodules folder from Applications>Adobe Photoshop Elements 11>Support Files> optional plugins to Applications>Adobe Photoshop Elements 11>Support Files> plugins.

However, if it's an older scanner this may still not work. Can you scan okay in Preview.app?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 18, 2013 3:21 PM   in reply to RonUkrainetz

Well, it sounds like you would need to replace it for maximum compatibility with 10.8, and then what you get may not work in PSE unless it's TWAIN compatible (which is a dying technology), so I don't really have any bright suggestions for you. There are some third party scanner drivers, like vuescan, that might help (can't say for sure since I don't use any of them so can't test with PSE), but they cost about as much as a new scanner, so....

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points