Skip navigation
GeoffreycUK
Currently Being Moderated

Photos Missing from Elements 10 Organiser

Mar 18, 2013 8:39 AM

Hello,

I have Elements 10 Core Version 10.0 Language Version 10.0 fully updated (or so Elements reports on asking to check updates) running in Windows 7 64 bit.

I have over 20,000 photos on C drive in jpeg or fine jpeg format mainly shot with a Nikon D70 over several years. I took photos last Friday/Saturday with a new Nikon D7000 (jpeg) and uploaded to Elements 10 (C drive) via SD card reader. They uploaded OK, were saved to Elements Organiser and I deleted some, edited others and emailed several. Today these photos are missing and possibly other shots taken after 10th Feb 2013 too some of which might have been taken with the D70.

Both Elements Reconnet and Find Photos and Videos fail to find any photos not already in the Organiser. I tried Recuva to search the PC's hard drives for deleted photos. It didn't find any as such - only eBay etc jpegs.

I have 120kb copies of the emailed photos attached to the emails in the Outlook Sent box. I noted the reference number of a photo and searched Windows 7 for it. Windows doesn't find it.

Before I looked at Elements today Windows was installing update KB2656351 concerning NET framework 4 and we had a power cut part way through. I have no idea if this is relevant but I menton it in case it is.

There are no photos in the Organiser after 10th Feb 2013 and there should be several hundred. I can take the loss as they probably weren't vital photos but I am very keen to know where they went to do my level best to ensure it doesn't happen again with more valuable photos.

I have phoned Abobe but they only support Elements 11 now, they said. I have searched without success both their FAQ's and the FAQ's on this forum.

Any assistance you can find the time to offer me would be much appreciated.

Geoff

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 18, 2013 8:56 AM   in reply to GeoffreycUK

For reconnecting your missing files, please refer to the blog: http://tinyurl.com/aswpylz.

~Andromeda

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 19, 2013 6:59 AM   in reply to GeoffreycUK

You mean you are not seeing image images dated post 13th feb?

Please check View >> Set date range option and clear the date range if applied?

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 26, 2013 12:36 AM   in reply to andaleebfatima1

Are you able to find the 'disappeared' photos?

~Andromeda

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points