Skip navigation
G Gene Kelly
Currently Being Moderated

Avchd problem

Mar 18, 2013 8:19 AM

I am trying to merge 4 AVCHD files that were shot as a continuos shoot9church sermon), and I cannot get the little audio glitches between each segment to blend. Is there some reference to look at to solve this issue? thanks in advance

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 18, 2013 8:24 AM   in reply to G Gene Kelly

Not quite sure what you're asking, Gene. You have little glitches in your audio?

Is this a continuous recording of a sermon in four parts, with no breaks between -- or are they four different camera angles of the same event?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 18, 2013 8:48 AM   in reply to G Gene Kelly

So is there audio missing -- or the audio simply broken across two clips?

BTW, did you use Premiere Elements' Add Media/From Flip or Camera tool to get the video from the camcorder to your computer? Often when you do that, the program will better copy the video to your project. (You don't say, so I'm assuming you're using version 11.)

BTW, did you shoot in AVCHD or MP4 format? According to your camera's specs, if you shoot in MP4/FHD or HD mode, the camera will break your video into 4 gig segments. If you shoot in full AVCHD, your video can be as large as your memory card can handle.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 18, 2013 9:00 AM   in reply to G Gene Kelly

Is the Audio "glitch" happening at the beginning of one scene/Clip?

You state that your camera shoots in smaller, separate Clips, rather than one long file, and I wonder if the Audio, where those smaller segments are starting, is not "cutting" the Audio on a Zero-crossing?

For more info on Zero-crossing Audio, this article might be helpful: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3365894#3365894

If the Audio glitches are happening in the middle of the segmented Clips, then it should not be a Zero-crossings issue, unless you have made a Cut in the Clip.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 18, 2013 12:58 PM   in reply to G Gene Kelly

Metadata contained in folder http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1015001?tstart=0 might help

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 19, 2013 6:43 AM   in reply to G Gene Kelly

Did you Panny come with its own software suite? If so that may do a better job of recombining the four clips. You can then export it as a single clip for use in PRE.

Cheers,
    --
    Neale
    Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers