Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Type Tool does not select type by double clicking or click and drag. (Windows CS 5 V15.1)

Mar 18, 2013 9:25 AM

Hi,

My Type Tool does not select type by double clicking or click and drag. (Windows CS 5 V15.1). This is what I have tried so far and the problem still exists.

Check preferences for "Text": "Select text-object by path only" should be off. Checked. It was off. Didn't fix it.

Check the toggle for Show/Hide Edges in the View menu. Cmd(Ctrl)-H. Checked. Edges Showing. Didn't fix it.

Trashed my Prefeerences. Didn't fix it.

Any other suggestions out there?

Thank you!!!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 18, 2013 10:23 AM   in reply to WordPain

It is possible to have a different layer selected than the one in which you are trying to highlight type, etc. -- This snags me once in awhile.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 18, 2013 10:38 AM   in reply to WordPain

Does this problem happen in all documents? Or is it just one document? Could it be a corrupted file? -- Can you delete the type and re-create it and save as a new file?

Also, could the problem text object itself (not the layer) be accidentally LOCKED?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 18, 2013 10:56 AM   in reply to WordPain

Suddenly the name, "WordPain" is SO appropriate.  :+)

I had a similar problem just yesterday: I copied a copywriter's text from an email, and had a number of mysteriousa problems with it in ai. I never did find the issue, even with invisible characters turned on. Eventually I had to just delete my type objects, and manually re-type the copy. Then there were no problems.

You may not need to recreate the entire document, but start with the text, input manually again (even on a new layer, to match the original).

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points