Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Save Page Arrangement for Continuing PDF Drafts

Mar 18, 2013 10:55 AM

Tags: #mac #files #acrobat_x

I've just used Acrobat Pro to create a 50-page PDF (as a master print file for a Magcloud.com book). I created the pdf from 50 individual jpeg files, using Acrobat's Combine Files into PDF feature.

But as I'm working on the book, every time I want to rearrange pages or add or subtract pages for a new draft, I have to drag-reorder the pages from scratch, with all the files in the Combine Files window once again in the original order. I lose the page arrangement when I quit Acrobat or even when I create a pdf.

I realize I can number the original files so they automatically appear in the correct order, but that's a poor solution -- renaming fifty files is not trivial, and it's also impossible to move one file around without renaming dozens of others. So that's not a good solution.

Is there a way to keep the arrangement of files so that it appears in Acrobat even after I've created a pdf, or after I've quit Acrobat?

Thanks for any help.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 18, 2013 11:44 AM   in reply to krinkly2009

Once you have assembled and saved the 50-page PDF file, the page order will not change when you close and re-open it.

To move existing pages within the document, open the Pages navigation panel on the left side of the window, and drag the thumbnails around. To add a new page, use the tools menu on that panel, and to delete a page just click the thumbnail to select it, then press the delete button.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points