• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Script file fails to create a TOC.XML or eclipse.

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2013 Mar 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Script file fails to create a TOC.XML for eclipse.  It works in RH 9 but not 10. Does anyone have a similar problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2013 Apr 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had that problem today, and I might be able to help you.

Open your project and run the script again. When the "Script failed" and "TOC file found" messages appear, close them. Then open the Output View pod, and look for the following message at the bottom. (The "massage" typo is not from me!)

Batch generating layout "WebHelp"....

Error: Closing MessageBox with massage "Please select a new project subfolder, or a folder outside of the project path." and type="48".

The message means you need a separate project folder in which to save your Eclipse output.

Once this happened to me, I created a new folder called Eclipse on my computer's desktop. Then I reran the Eclipse Generator script. When I was prompted for the help output location, I browsed to the new Eclipse folder on my computer's desktop. That time, it worked.

Good luck.

EclipseHelp.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I’ll give it a try and let you know. I’ve come up with a workaround of my own but it’s kind of ugly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah. I want to hear how it goes. Adobe sure doesn’t make things easy sometimes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response but the issue for me is different. I’m running a customized script that Adobe wrote specifically for our company years back. The script has been altered several times by a developer here and he’s too busy to help me right now. Things will calm down soon and he’ll have time to help me again. For now, I’ll have to live with an ugly workaround. (But it’s a lot prettier than editing lines of xml code by hand!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was worth a try. Nothing custom was done for my project. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp