Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

"Return to Last Menu" not respecting Loop Point

Mar 18, 2013 2:56 PM

I have DVD (SD WS) project all finished with Main Menu, 3 Scenes Menus and a Extras Menu. Everything is working except for one thing. I have all manor of End Actions and Menu Remote settings (and read dozens of discussions) but cannot get it.

I have animated Main Menu with loop point. The problem is if Menu Remote is hit after Play from the main menu I want it to go to loop point. But if Menu Remote is hit after a scene has been selected, I want it to Return to Last Menu. It will work everywhere except from the main play. Apparently, Return to Last Menu (Timeline Properties) ignores the loop point and starts it over from the beginning. If I use Specifiy Link, Return to Loop point it will work for the main play but it also makes all scene selections return there as well. It seems I can't have it both ways, Main Menu Play -> Menu Button hit, return to Loop Point AND Scene Selection play -> Menu Button hit, Return to Last Menu.

As an added step to remove the main play from the main Timeline, I add a Chapter Play list. But that really didn't help as the culprit seems to be the [Menu Remote: "Return to Last Menu"] setting for the main timeline, it always starts over not a the loop point.

What is the best way to do this? This is really simple navigation stuff and would be the way, it seems, for most DVD's with Play All and Scene Selections. The only option I see that would work is to have two timelines, one for Play (All), and one for Scene Selections so I could have different "Menu Remote" settings. Obviously, I cant't have two main movies just to do this. Creating the Chapter Playlist seemed like it was potentially the answer, but there still remains only one "Menu Remote" property of the Main Timeline.

My deadline is today or tomorrow since I am waiting on SCC file for Closed Captioning. I have previously used DVD Studio Pro without this issue but really want to commit to using Encore from now on...

Thanks for reading through this and helping if you can.

Brad

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 18, 2013 3:21 PM   in reply to Brad L.

You can specify only one Menu command for any given timeline.  You can't make it do different things depending on how you got to the timeline.

However, you can specify that a chapter automatically goes back to a menu when it's done playing by setting an Override on the chapter button.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 19, 2013 5:43 PM   in reply to Brad L.

I can't set Override for Chapter unless I first set Chapter "End Action".

You set an End Action on the Timeline, and the Override on the Chapter Buttons.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 20, 2013 9:12 AM   in reply to Brad L.

You are trying to set the override on the chapter. He is suggesting you set it on the button that links to the items you want the override on (timeline or chapter).

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 20, 2013 10:56 AM   in reply to Stan Jones

Stan's right.  The chapter button.  Not the timeline, not the chapter, the BUTTON - on the menu.

BUTTON, BUTTON, BUTTON.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points