Skip navigation
nick.pell
Currently Being Moderated

Spelling Check of Book Crashes Frame 10

Mar 18, 2013 3:57 PM

Hi all,

I run the spelling checker for a  Frame 10 book (note, this doesn't happen with individual documents), and when it gets to a repeated word, I get the familiar "can't add repeated words to dictionary" warning, I click "OK," and then I get the dreaded "Internal Error" crash screen. This was happening also with the extra space preference (when you have terms like file types such as ".jpg" or ".bnp").

I totally uninstalled and reinstalled Frame, and it worked OK for a few runs, then it started crashing again.

Any ideas? I don't want to turn off "repeated words" because sometimes they are typos, and sometimes not.

-Nick

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 19, 2013 6:25 AM   in reply to nick.pell

Can't say I ever had that happen in FM10 myself - maybe your dictionaries have become corrupted? You could try renaming your Linguistics folder outside of FM & then start FM up - it should recreate a fresh copy.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 19, 2013 9:36 AM   in reply to Jeff_Coatsworth

A co-worker is having a similar problem, but it occurs on the second mispelled word, not necessarily a double word. In the past, renaming the Linguistics folders (there's one in AppData\Roaming\Adobe and one in AppData\LocalLow\Adobe) has fixed the problem, but not this time. I've also tried renaming the 10 folder (AppData\Roaming\FrameMaker\10), that didn't work either. Anyone have any other ideas?

Curiously enough, I belive the last time it happened at my company I found same-day posts from other users in other companies. Are the Adobe gremlins acitve again?

-ebpxd

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 19, 2013 11:43 AM   in reply to nick.pell

To reset the Linguistics folders or the "10" folder, just rename the current ones. I usually add "-old" to the end, so "Linguistics" becomes "Linguistics-old". This will force FM to recreate the folders and the files they contain, effectively resetting them to the default.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 19, 2013 12:29 PM   in reply to nick.pell

Yes, it will recreate all the necessary folders and files.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points