Skip navigation
sunnyherman
Currently Being Moderated

Why are excel charts copied to Illustrator CS 5.1 now coming in as pictures?

Mar 18, 2013 2:56 PM

I've been creating charts in Excel 2004 for Mac for years and copying them into Illustrator. They have always previously pasted into Illustrator as vectors illustrations. I've created hundreds of charts in Excel before and copied them to Illustrator to "dress them up" for reports with no problems. I just created a chart in Excel 2004 for Mac and copied it to Illustrator and it came in as a picture. This is the first time I have ever had this happen with an Excel chart.

I've searched various sites and have not found anyone who's run into this issue.

Any ideas?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 18, 2013 3:13 PM   in reply to sunnyherman

Has your system or software changed? Have you tried printing to PDF and opening the PDF in AI?

I just copied and pasted an Excel chart from Excel 2011 Mac into AICS 5 and 6. Both came in as vector. Although the font is messed up.

Mac OSX 10.7.5

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 18, 2013 3:22 PM   in reply to rcraighead

The messed up font is from Excel using the Calibri (Theme Body) as the standard font. You might also check a little closer as to the quality of the vectors. The stuff I've been getting recently has been having lines coming in as filled shapes.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points