Skip navigation
jmeg52963
Currently Being Moderated

upgraded to adobe reader XI now cant view/open online documents pdfs etc.

Mar 19, 2013 2:12 AM

upgraded to adobe reader XI now cant view/open online documents pdfs etc. even when i save them they wont open after downloading. can save them to documents and open them from document file.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 19, 2013 3:12 AM   in reply to jmeg52963

What is your operating system?  What is your web browser?

What exactly means "cant" and "wont"?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 19, 2013 10:08 PM   in reply to jmeg52963

Try opening Reader by itself, then disable Protected Mode (Edit | Preferences | Security (Advanced)).

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 22, 2013 8:09 AM   in reply to Pat Willener

Similar problem; but how can I resume opening pdf’s in IE while maintaining the protection benefits of Protected Mode by keeping it enabled (I have not tried disabling it)?

Need help resolving newly discovered problem wherein all of sudden I can no longer open and display pdf files within IE and but end up with a blank screen [shows blue loading gauge 55.8kb/55.8kb for example doc] unless I down load the pdf file and then open it using Reader XI ver 11.0.2 [Plug-Ins 11.0.01.36] which opens the files just fine. Eventual Error Msg = “There is a problem with Adobe Acrobat/Reader. If it is running, please exit and try attain (103:103)”. Reader Protected Mode: Reader cannot open in Protected Mode due to an incompatibility with you sys config. Etc. “Do not open with Protected Mode disabled” is selected.

IE = ver 8.0.6001.18702) on Windows XP = ver 5.1 SP3.

Reader XI ver 11.0.2 [Plug-Ins 11.0.01.36]

Reader XI, Check for Updates shows: No Updates Available

Example of failing doc = http://www.us-cert.gov/reading_room/emailscams_0905.pdf

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 22, 2013 11:59 AM   in reply to CaptainGadgetMan

I'm using chrome and I keep getting the "reader cannot open in protected mode due to incompatibility with your system configuration" message but it provides an option to open without protection that allows me to view.

I've also had trouble downloading from the internet. When I tryit just never downloads and if I try to save first the save never completes. This issue has arisen in the past three or four days so I'm wondering if it relates to a recent update?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 25, 2013 12:05 PM   in reply to CaptainGadgetMan

I get the same message and the icon on the documents is WORD, very wierd.  I did not think IE was involved.  FIX?

thanks jkarrz

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 25, 2013 9:09 PM   in reply to CaptainGadgetMan

Please stop appending completely unrelated questions to a topic that is marked as RESOLVED!  You won't get any help that way.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points