Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Editing photos in elements 9 on Apple computer, then trying to upload photos that have been edited

Mar 19, 2013 8:19 AM

When opening my jpeg photos in photoshop elements 9, once saved elements seems put the image in a format that my Apple Mac isnt compatable with. So when I then try and upload the images to Facebook or other software in a bulk upload the images are unhighlighted and I therefore can't select them and upload. Anyone have any ideas how I get round this? Am i saving them correctly? Is it possible to save another way? Any help would be much appreicated.

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 19, 2013 8:52 AM   in reply to sarahwoodlandphotography

You opened the saving files preference, didn't you? There is a bug in PSE 9/mac that if you even open editor>preferences>Saving Files without changing anything there, from then on PSE stops appending the file extension. You can either add it manually when you save, or else quit the editor, then restart it while holding down command+shift+option. Keep the keys down till you see a window asking if you want to delete the settings file. You do, then never go to preferences>saving files again.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 19, 2013 9:05 AM   in reply to Barbara B.

Incidentally, I already gave you the answer in your other thread. The answer is still the same: you need file extensions for other programs to understand what to do with your images, and PSE isn't including them.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 19, 2013 11:45 AM   in reply to sarahwoodlandphotography

Hi,

Please reset your Editor Preferences. Launch Editor keeping cmd+shift+alt keys pressed. Delete the settings file when prompted.

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 19, 2013 1:11 PM   in reply to sarahwoodlandphotography

You do it in the PSE 9 editor. Find the icon to start the editor, which is here  in the PSE folder in applications if you haven't made a dock shortcut for it already:

pse9 editor.png

and double click that while holding down command+shift+option.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 19, 2013 3:56 PM   in reply to sarahwoodlandphotography

Then I don't know what you're doing, but it's not what we've been telling you to do.

1. Open a finder window and click Applications in the sidebar.

2. In the Applications folder, find the Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 folder.

3. In that folder, find the file I showed you in my last post. Be sure it is the one without the little black arrow on the lower left corner.

4. Hold down command+shift+option and double click that file. Keep the keys down.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 19, 2013 10:51 PM   in reply to sarahwoodlandphotography

When you launch Finder, do you see Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 under Applications?

If you click on this folder, you will see another folder with the same name inside it. This is what the editor is. Double click this folder keeping Cmd+Shift+Alt keys pressed.

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 20, 2013 6:50 AM   in reply to sarahwoodlandphotography

No. Can you post a screenshot of the upload window? Press command+shift+4 and drag over the area you want to capture. The screenshot will appear on your desktop, named by the time you took it. To upload it here, come to the forum's web page (doesn't work via email) and click the camera icon above the message composition area.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 20, 2013 11:14 AM   in reply to sarahwoodlandphotography

Hi Sarah,

That last snapshot tells evrything

The extension of the un-highlighted files is wrong. for e.g. IMG_0164.jpgv2trial is wrong for a jpeg file. If you rename it to say IMG_0164v2trial.jpg it will work fine. Doing anything with the file extension corrupts the file making it unreadable.

So, whenever you name or rename a file, ensure that nothing follows the "." in filename. The extension has to remain untouched.

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 20, 2013 10:23 PM   in reply to sarahwoodlandphotography

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...