Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Can a Spry Radio Group be laid out horizontally? (CS6)

Mar 19, 2013 9:31 AM

Tags: #dreamweaver #spry #form #layout #cs6 #radio_button

I have been searching all over and I cannot figure out how to get a spry radio group to lay out horizontally on my page.

I am trying to create a survey with 9 radio buttons and the page will go on forever and just not look right with 9 inline options for each question.

I want it to look like below.

Can anybody assist?

survey.GIF

Thank you,

Kimberly

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 19, 2013 10:35 AM   in reply to KimHelms

Since Adobe abandoned the Spry framework last year, I'm not inclined to use it for anything.

http://blogs.adobe.com/dreamweaver/2012/08/update-on-adobe-spry-framew ork-availability.html

You should be able to style your form with CSS. For better answers, we would need to see a link to your test page.

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 19, 2013 10:58 AM   in reply to KimHelms

Can you please upload your Spry CSS files?  They are 404 not found.

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 19, 2013 11:18 AM   in reply to KimHelms

If you look at your code starting on line 123, you have references to several files inside a SpryAssets folder. Manually upload your SpryAssets folder from your Files Panel (F8).

<link href="/www/SpryAssets/SpryValidationTextField.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

<link href="/www/SpryAssets/SpryValidationRadio.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

<script src="/www/SpryAssets/SpryValidationTextField.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="/www/SpryAssets/SpryValidationRadio.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 19, 2013 11:28 AM   in reply to Nancy O.

I also see another problem.  Your links to Spry files are digging down to the /www/ folder in your site root.  This leads me to believe your site definition in DW is messed up.

If you change the link paths to ../SpryAssets/etc...  it may work better.

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points