Video Freezing Issues

Mar 19, 2013 9:53 AM

Graphics Card
ATI Radeon HD 5450

Latest version of the Driver

Operating System
Windows 7 64 bit

Issue Explained

Whenever I try to start any Video Outside Google Chrome my Graphics Freeze (no cursor movement, no alt crtl delete, no commands) and I have to hard restart my computer. I have updated my DirectX multiple times. And have uninstalled and reinstalled I have tried to start Videos threw Mozilla Firefox, Palemoon, IE8, and Windows Media Player and all of them Freeze my computer resulting in a Hard Restart. I have troubleshooted this problem with multipul people and the same problem keeps happening. I would like to stress Videos work just fine in Google Chrome Browser aswell. Which is the reason why I am posting it here as I know Chrome has a different Flash player so It makes me think its a Issue with how Flash Player is talking to my Graphics Card.

CPU Details

AMD Anthlon(tm) x2  220 Processor 2.8 GHz

System Memory Type & Amount

5G kingston Ram (4g+1g)

Please I am starting to get desperate as I have been trying to resolve this issue on my own for the past month. Thank You

Replies
  • Chris Campbell
    9,456 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 26, 2013 5:52 PM   in reply to cburdette

I don't think I understand the problem fully.  You mention "Whenever I try to start any Video Outside Google Chrome my Graphics Freeze"  What type of video are you trying to display?  Do you mean that video inside chrome (or fullscreen flash video started from chrome) works?

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,456 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Mar 26, 2013 6:12 PM   in reply to cburdette

Does your system freeze up when viewing this video in Firefox or IE 9?

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,456 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Mar 27, 2013 1:23 PM   in reply to cburdette

That HTML 5 video isn't using Flash, so I suspect something at a lower level is causing problems (hardware, drivers, etc.)  You might want to try using the 13.3 beta drivers to see if they help.

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonaiw_vista64. aspx

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points