Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Bend logo to path CS5.5?

Mar 19, 2013 10:53 AM

Tags: #path #to #logo #bend #curve

Optimize.jpg

Hi everyone, I would like to add my bottom logo (in black) to the curve I have drawn (in black).

Please ignore the yellow lines and existing chrome 'precise formwork ltd'.

I will need to resize the logo 'precise formwork ltd' (in black) to match similar size to the chrome photo behind with opacity turned down.

How can I align the top of my ruler markings to the black path? I have tried object > blend > replace spine but the option is not selectable.

I tried object > make with warp which is working well, however I will have to guess co-ordinates all night and will never be perfect; any ideas what to do?

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 19, 2013 11:47 AM   in reply to Precise Formwork

PF,

As I (mis)understand it (your wishing to create a logo that does not follow a 3D shape like the old one but is 2D curved as/below the black curved path so that the shapes of the tick marks, figures, and letters, are adapted (including their being (more) curved) to fit the shape), you may:

1) Create a nofill/nostroke rectangle with the same width and  height as the logo and place it over it so that the top of the tick marks form the vertical centre, you may group the whole thing;

2) Select the whole thing and in the Brushes flyout tick New Brush, select Art Brush and tick Proportional;

3) Apply the brush to the curved path.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 19, 2013 12:10 PM   in reply to Precise Formwork

double click on your brush, and enable flip across and flip along, or use the direction instead.

Screen Shot 2013-03-19 at 2.08.50 PM.png

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 19, 2013 12:37 PM   in reply to Precise Formwork

You are welcome, PF.

In addition to what Mike said, effectively you rotate the brush 180 degrees (you could also rotate the logo before creating the brush).

The issue is that your curved path goes right to left. If you start out with a path from left to right you can create a normal (left to right) brush from the logo.

Hopefully, this sounds only moderately silly.

Edit (after seeing post #4):

PF, to have the top of the (tick marks of the) logo to follow the curved path you need to extand the Art Brush upwards by the same height as the logo, hence the nofill/nostroke rectangle in the first post.

The centre of the brush follows the path.

Edit edit (after really seeing post #4):

It seems that the centre should be at the centre of the tick marks so yous hould add a little less on top.

You may just add a nofill/nostroke rectangle that is centred where you want the line (the centre of the tick marks seemingly) and is high enough to extend at least down to the bottom of the logo. This will centre the logo/brush correctly on the path.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 19, 2013 1:22 PM   in reply to Precise Formwork

For my part you are welcome, PF.

A pleasant challenge.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 19, 2013 1:36 PM   in reply to Precise Formwork

This is a very friendly forum, PF.

|