Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Please choose a document name so the destination name is different for the different input files.

Mar 19, 2013 3:29 PM

I loaded a folder into Bridge, of files which I intend to reduce to 800 px using one of my own custom actions.

Please note that I have done this successfully numerous times in the past.

I go to tools/PS/batch/set:margie's actions/action:reduce to 800

Source: Bridge

Destination:Folder

Choose/new folder/I name folder/create/choose

The folder name shows after users:users name:desktop

The problem is in File Naming. After I type in Document Name a name totally different from the folder name/OK,

the attached window appears.

I have to select document name in order to complete. So can't I give a name to the files? ThanksADOBE PHOTOSHOP.png

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 19, 2013 4:54 PM   in reply to margieannejulie

Seems like you could just use the standard Image Processor to do this without any actions.  (Tools/photoshop/image processor)

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 20, 2013 3:48 AM   in reply to margieannejulie

The problem is in File Naming. After I type in Document Name a name totally different from the folder name/OK,

If you use an action for resizing based on existing filenames it is not needed to change the document name but just leave it as it is so the files will be save resized and in the folder you have chosen/created.

When you need to have an addition to the filenames just leave the first field with document name and change the second field (default: extension) to whatever you wish and as last field choose 'extension'.

e.g.

field 1: Document Name (If you leave this as it is it reflects the current filename)

field 2: document name (fill in an underscore "_")

field 3: 3 digit serial number (adds 001 and further after the underscore)

field 4: extension (either lowercase or uppercase depending on your needs,I prefer lowercase, but don't change the field name. This puts the existing file extension at the end)

The example field that is showing above the option fields is a bit distracting because it keeps showing 'MyFile' but that is your existing filename.

Personally I have a save as to destination in my actions recorded to dedicated folders with the resulted size and I simple run those actions without creating a folder in the batch window, just select the dedicated resizing action.

When done I move the result to a new folder using Finder, it is just another way of working but the above given example should also work for you.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points