Skip navigation
harry&bella
Currently Being Moderated

can't get my tools to work in photoworks

Mar 19, 2013 6:43 PM

Having touble with some of my tools in photoworkshop (CS4), like the blur tool doesn't respond, making it very difficult to do touch ups. Any ideas? Should I uninstal, then reinstal?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 19, 2013 7:18 PM   in reply to harry&bella

Reset the tool  With tool selected right click on tool icon in upper left corner.

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,514 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 19, 2013 10:34 PM   in reply to harry&bella

harry&bella wrote:

Having touble with some of my tools in photoworkshop (CS4)

What product is "photoworks" or "photoworkshop"?

You really need to take the time and make the effort to be accurate.  "Close enough" doesn't have meaning; things need to be exact.  Yes, I know you're talking to people here, and we can all figure out that you mean Photoshop, but if you apply the same looseness to your computer work you will mess things up more than make them work.

What do you mean by "the blur tool doesn't respond"?  We are not mind readers.

Did you mean, "I select the Blur Tool from the tools panel, then stroke it on my document, but it doesn't seem to blur anything"?

Curt's suggestion would fix it, but the reason you've gotten into the condition you have is probably because you have not got the Strength or Mode set properly in the Options bar:

BlurOptions.png

-Noel

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points