Skip navigation
yanchaofu
Currently Being Moderated

Can I get photoshop SDK?

Mar 20, 2013 9:22 AM

I want to use some function like photoshop for my own application.So, I need a photoshop SDK,not for plug-in.whether it is free or not.Can I get ?

(Personal information removed)

Thanks

Message was edited by: Kendall Plant

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 20, 2013 2:26 AM   in reply to yanchaofu

Hi,

You should be able get one from here:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/photoshop/sdk.html

Also, if have any quetions about creating plug-ins for photoshop you should post your questions in this forum:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop/photoshop_sdk?view=discuss ions

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 21, 2013 2:21 AM   in reply to yanchaofu

But I need a SDK for developing my application,

I may not properly understand your intention, but what good would the Photoshop SDK be to you if you want to create a (stand alone) application yourself?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 21, 2013 11:05 PM   in reply to yanchaofu

I’m still not sure I understand.

Do you expect to be able to lift features from Photoshop for use in an application of your own?

How do you think that should work with regard to intellectual property rights?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 21, 2013 11:55 PM   in reply to yanchaofu

Yep, you better read the license for the SDK before proceeding. I can not see it being allowed as you would be create a competing app using photoshop, not to mention the client would have to have photoshop installed for your idea to work, which would make your idea moot, since they could just run photoshop.

The whole idea of the SDK is to only create plugins that will benefit Adobe one way or another.

You would be better off (in my opinion) to do a search for add ons for your programming language that will do what you are looking for. It may cost, but I bet they are available. That way, you are paying for the rights to use that code in your own project and can legally sell your code commercially.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 22, 2013 1:09 AM   in reply to yanchaofu

The Photoshop SDK is not intended to allow people to rip functionality from Photoshop but to allow them to develop plug-ins to be used with Photoshop, as Silkrooster already pointed out.

But in case I simply misunderstood you, the Photoshop SDK is available here:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/photoshop/sdk.html

(as R_kelly has pointed out)

If you need a general software development tool you would seem to be asking in the wrong Forum.

And which ones would meet your needs would, I guess, depend on the programming language you want to work with and on which OS you work.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 31, 2013 1:29 PM   in reply to yanchaofu

Hi there! Because the forum you originally posted in is for beginners trying to learn the basics of Photoshop, I moved your question to the Photoshop Plugin and Companion App SDK forum, where you'll get more specialized help.

Best,

Julia

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points