Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

winding road

Mar 20, 2013 3:42 AM

I want to make a winding road going into the distance and I want it to be horizontally striped rainbow colours.  

So I made a path with the pencil tool then narrowed the end that goes into the distance.

I then made some colored stripes and aligned them t the grid and created an art brush but when I add it to the road they scattered all over the place.

CAn someone please explain the process or direct me where I can find out as Ive tried and tried to no avail.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 20, 2013 4:18 AM   in reply to Arrakis

Arrakis,

One way might be to

1) Create the stripes as the bottommost object(s),

2) Place the road path on top of it,

3) Select everything and Object>Clipping Mask>Make.

If you want stroked roadsides, you may change the road path (Object>Path>Outline Stroke) in 2) and Direct Select it after 3) and add a stroke.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 21, 2013 11:48 AM   in reply to Arrakis

Please show your artwork.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2013 6:15 AM   in reply to Arrakis

Arrakis,

Here is an image showing:

1a) Path (more or maybe less) like winding road, made with Art Brush, Width Tool, whatever,

1b) Object>Expand Appearance (with removal of original spine if needed) if needed,

2) Path placed on top of raibow rectangle (using swatch/gradient/independent rectangles/whataver, just something that looks like it (this is just a simple rectangle with an old RGB rainbow swatch)),

3) Both selected and Object>Clipping Mask>Made (note the cut off of the tip, which may be avoided if desired by having the rainbow rectangle extend past the tip of the road.

Is this what you are after (as I presumed from the OP)?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points