Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Re: Mysterious paths in pen tool appearing!

Mar 20, 2013 8:48 AM

Thanks Mylenium, What about on the bottom right. If you look closely there should be only an arc but its trying to close off the path I think.

I've watched countless pen tutorials and they all say that you can jump back to you project later and contiue adding and removing paths. I must be doing something wrong!

For some reason the paths of my pen are not showing when I select everything with direct selection, nor do they show with General selection. problem2.jpg

Branched from an earlier discussion.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 20, 2013 8:49 AM   in reply to Precise Formwork

[Moved to Adobe Illustrator Forum by request of OP.]

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 20, 2013 8:53 AM   in reply to Precise Formwork

If anyone needs more background, this is the Photoshop>General Discussions thread, that was Branched to the Illustrator Forum: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1173917?tstart=0

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 20, 2013 9:08 AM   in reply to Precise Formwork

PF,

The main part of the screenshot seems to show that the upper left part is a path of its own, selected as opposed to the lower ight part. To fuse it with the lower right part, you may lock what is underneath ((including) the actual staircase) and drag across the top right or bottom left end(s), then Ctrl/Cmd+J to join the paths into one and repeat for the other set to close the path.

Edit: Hi Bill.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 22, 2013 10:40 AM   in reply to Precise Formwork

PF,

I am unsure whether you are thinking of a closed path or an open path (the image in post #4 seems to show just two open paths.

Either way, if I understand it in the right way, you may use Object>Path>Offset Path with the desired distance (setting the number).

For closed paths you will get one closed path outside; to get an inside path at the same distance just use the same negative number.

For an open path you will get a kind of surrounding path with straight end segments through the end Anchor Points. You can Direct Select each of them and delete, and after that you will have one path on either side at the desired distance.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)