Skip navigation
beverlybeverly
Currently Being Moderated

How to make prints match screen view?

Mar 20, 2013 11:00 AM

After a support call, I've lowered the brightness on my imac OS 10.6.8 but the prints are darker than ever.

I've calibrated.  The printer is an Epson 4900.  Photoshop is managing the colors.  I did not download the no color management app.

any ideas?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 20, 2013 11:11 AM   in reply to beverlybeverly

Hi there! Because the forum you originally posted in is for beginners trying to learn the basics of Photoshop, I moved your question to the Photoshop General Discussion forum, where you'll get more specialized help.

To help others help you, please read through this article and provide any additional relevant details.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 20, 2013 12:13 PM   in reply to beverlybeverly

Before going further, update your Photoshop. There were many bug fixes in 13.0.1 and at least one more thing has been fixed by subsequent updates such as 13.0.4 and 13.1.2.

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,471 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 20, 2013 12:18 PM   in reply to beverlybeverly

Generally speaking, you may want to learn all about color-management, calibrate and profile your equipment, and make sure you set and use color-management preferences and settings appropriate for your needs for your display and printer.

Most color matching problems are rooted in the fact that the display monitor is not set to display your colors accurately.  There is equipment you can use, but a really rough, poor-person's way to get started (or for use in the interim) can be to print an image, then adjust your monitor to make it look as close as possible to your print.  Then when you edit your images you'll be preparing them for proper printing.  This may involve changing settings on the monitor itself or in the display driver.  But I caution you that you many never get things consistent and right without getting your head around what good color-management is all about.

Unfortunately, because of the complexity of the realm, it's proven near impossible to teach color-management one post at a time on a forum, but there are some good references out there.  One of our members here, Gary Ballard, has published some good "getting started" info.

Good luck.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 20, 2013 2:37 PM   in reply to Noel Carboni

In the Print Settings, you select Photoshop manages colors and select your printer/paper type. The use the PrintSettings box to the left to select paper type again.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 20, 2013 3:30 PM   in reply to beverlybeverly

try giving this a read

note the dark bug with 16-bit option

http://www.gballard.net/photoshop/epson/cs6/

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)