Skip navigation
rec_rockets
Currently Being Moderated

PE 9 AV sync issue with playback of MPG and after re-encode to AVI

Mar 20, 2013 6:46 PM

Tags: #sync #audio/video #premeire_elements_9

I have been using PE for many years now and have the following issues that started about 3 months ago.

I capture videos from my DVR as mpgs in full 1080i via component AV cable (video codec is MPEG2 and audio is  MPEG-1 Layer 2, 48000Hz  224 kb/s tot , Stereo).

I have not changed these setting for over a year + and it worked fine before. The AV is synced in the mpg.

I then convert (re-render) to AVI before doing my edits (remove commercials mainly).

My system has 16GB of DRAM, a quad-core AMD processor on-board video (plan to change to PCIe video soon) and more than 15TB of disk space (7TB internal).

I have tried many different project setting for the PE9 project,as well as tring only a capture at 720 but get the same results.

Any one have ideas on why this is happening now when it worked for more then a year but now doesn't?

I am starting to consider changing to a differnt suite if I cannot get this working again soon!

I am looking inot upgrading so need to decide soon!!!

Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 21, 2013 5:27 AM   in reply to rec_rockets

Working with DVR footage is tricky business. Espeically since you're apparently "capturing" this video over an AV cable.

What device or software are you using to capture it? Premiere Elements won't capture MPEG video from a non-FireWire connected device.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 22, 2013 6:46 AM   in reply to rec_rockets

The challenge is that you're using a workflow that doesn't really fit Premiere Elements. I know it's worked in the past, but Premiere Elements is going to have trouble with MPEG files created by a third-party software. And, unfortunately, converting the files to WMVs is only going to make things worse.

In the interest of time, I'd recommend you just do all of your editing and output your finished video from MovieMaker. Then, if you're interested in long-term solutions that will help you avoid these kinds of issues completely, we can certainly recommend them.

I'm sorry I can't help you more with your current workflow.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points