Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Is there a way to save a video clip with your .fla file?

Mar 21, 2013 3:25 AM

Just started using Flash, so pardon me for noobish question.

Ok i have a video clip (.mp4) I brought into flash, and using flash media player

It works fine and is set up the way I want it, its perfect...except one thing:

When I save it, it does not save the video clip too with the .fla file....meaning if I send this file to someone else or use a different computer, the video file dissappears. I have to open it only on my comp and the video file always has to stored in the same spot for flash to find it.

Is there anyway to save the clip with the .fla file, so I can open it up on different computers? Or what do you recommend for a situation like this?

thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 21, 2013 4:12 AM   in reply to Seaside333

You can try to insert the vidoclip on the timeline, but there are certain restricitions (video runtime etc.) that make this solution not optimal

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 21, 2013 6:29 AM   in reply to Seaside333

You have to understand the basic structure of a fla file: If you rename the file extension to zip, it becomes obvious that its an archive of all the files you see in your library. As long as a video is not part of the library but gets loaded via a loader or the flvPlayback Compoenent it will not be added to the fla (zip) file.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 22, 2013 3:32 AM   in reply to Seaside333

No, its just for you to see, that a fla is nothing else than a compressed archive of all the files that are showing up in your library.

If you are using CS6 you can save your fla to the new file extension xfl. Flash will create a folder with the same name and inside a folder named LIBRARY, you could simply copy your video to this folder and it will be included in the xfl file.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points