Skip navigation
Desmond Lowry
Currently Being Moderated

Titles - Scale in Timeline not in line in title preview

Mar 21, 2013 4:46 AM

Tags: #title

Hi

I have the following issue which I hope someone may be able to recommend a solution.

First title created in Title in Premiere CS6 on a PAL widescreen formatted timeline was OK. But when second title made using the 'new title based on current title' - the second title when placed on the timeline is outside the safe margins and distorted. I have rebooted the system but the same issue arises. See screen shot below. Any assistance would be appreciated!

Thanks

screen shot.jpg

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 21, 2013 5:32 AM   in reply to Desmond Lowry

You title does not match the sequence settings or the PAR is off (check interprete footage)

or check the settings (e.g. scale) in the Effect Controls.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 21, 2013 6:43 AM   in reply to Desmond Lowry

Did you create the original title in one sequence and then create the second one when a different sequence was active?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 21, 2013 10:57 AM   in reply to Desmond Lowry

What happens if you dis-able the Motion effect (click on the fx button to make it disappear)?

If you still have the same problem, you seem to have found a bug. Create a new sequence with proper specs, copy & paste your video clips from old (buggy) sequence into new sequence, re-create your first title manually, create your next title "based on current title" and let us know.

Oh, and is there any chance the video clip behind the title is scaled to something other than 100%?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 21, 2013 11:35 AM   in reply to Desmond Lowry

OK, I'm guessing this a bug. To attempt to isolate the cause further, #1 does the problem occur when you don't use "new title based on current title" within the same sequence?

#2 close current project and build new project, import footage and allow dragging of clip to sequence to Change sequence to match clip settings. build titles both manually and using "new title based on current title"

#3 delete Premiere preference files and repeat #2 above

http://www.digitalrebellion.com/prefman/

http://www.mediacollege.com/adobe/premiere/pro/troubleshooter/trash-pr eferences.html

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 22, 2013 7:12 AM   in reply to Desmond Lowry

Wow, sorry you had to go through a reinstall.

My next suggestion would have been a workaround;

After creating a new title based on current and making necessary changes, close the title tool and right-click on the file in your Project window, select Modify, Interpret Footage..., and change your Pixel aspect ratio as needed before placing in Sequence.

Actually, I would have been curious what the file said it defaulted to for Pixel Aspect Ratio.

Anyway, glad it's working.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2013 4:13 PM   in reply to Desmond Lowry

Hmm... I have same issue then i resolved it.

I thought you use OpenCL to Render and Playback. You can change it to CPU. Click Menu > Project > General > Video Renderer and Playback > Change renderer to Mercury Playback Engine Software Only .

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points