Skip navigation
danielphotoSWEDEN
Currently Being Moderated

What is causing this banding on the image after saving it?

Mar 21, 2013 5:55 AM

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

...I have started to notice this pop up every once in a while over the last several months...after saving a file or moving the file from one folder/drive/computer to another, a band like this will appear...any thoughts?

...This has happened twice today while editing this session...but it does not happen all the time...it has been a few weeks since it happened last. 

...CS5...Windows 7 Professional...need any other info?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 21, 2013 10:04 AM   in reply to danielphotoSWEDEN

Hi there! Because the forum you originally posted in is for beginners trying to learn the basics of Photoshop, I moved your question to the Photoshop General Discussion forum, where you'll get more specialized help.

To help others help you, please read through this article and provide any additional relevant details.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 21, 2013 10:06 AM   in reply to danielphotoSWEDEN

Is the banding visible when an afflicted file is viewed in programs other than Photoshop?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 21, 2013 11:05 AM   in reply to danielphotoSWEDEN

I was wondering whether the files actually contain the coloured bands or if only the Photoshop display was wrong. Since the bands can be seen in Bridge then the files must actually contain the bands. Someone more knowledgeable than me will help you, hopefully.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 21, 2013 11:24 AM   in reply to danielphotoSWEDEN

That looks like corruption in the file -- which means you have a problem with your hard disk (though we have seen bad antivirus software and some bad font managers also cause corruption every once in a while).

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points