Skip navigation
Cayce
Currently Being Moderated

SERIOUSLY!!

Mar 21, 2013 7:47 AM

Tags: #flash #flash_cs5

I just lost 8 hours of work to the piece of [Removed profanity] program! It's one thing for a program to crash and not save the most recent changes. Flash just crashed and reduced my file to a 4kb unmountable piece of garbage. Eight hours worth of work, gone in a split second. [Removed profanity]!! I've seen it do this before, long ago, but thought they'd worked out that bug. So what are we to do, save AND back up every five minutes to protect our work?

Anyone know how to revovery this kind of disaster?

Flash CS5, Mac

Message was edited by: sinious

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 21, 2013 7:23 AM   in reply to Cayce

Change the file extension of your fla to zip and see what is left, but I doubt it is much if there are only 4kb left.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 21, 2013 7:49 AM   in reply to Cayce

Everyone understands your frustration, we've all been there before. Please refrain from the profanity, it'll just make your post less desirable to read (that includes acronyms). Also please don't double post, you won't get answers any quicker.

Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 22, 2013 1:02 PM   in reply to Cayce

Profanity, in its literal or cybersafe form, is against the forum EULA you agreed to upon signing up. I'm merely enforcing the rule. Acronyms that are well known and contain it will also be removed.

You're free to use other software if you feel what you have is so poor.

Just the same, people here have no idea who you are nor know what you want to decompile. And the analogy would fit quite a bit more if you were looking for a slim jim to unlock "your own" car.

Try implementing a valid means of backing up your work often in your workflow. My agency has several OSX machines running all different versions of OSX as well as Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8. We have no such issues that you're experiencing. You may want to look around for a conflicting application.

Coming here asking for help while directly attacking people, doubling up posts, certainly won't help you.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points