Skip navigation
Bob3250
Currently Being Moderated

Why did PTLens suddenly disappear from the list of Filter options in my Elements 11 program?

Mar 21, 2013 7:37 AM

Why did PTLens suddenly disappear from the list of Filter options in my Elements 11 program? In the Applications folder on my 27” iMac (OS X 10.7.5 Lion) I find Elements 11/Support files/Plug-ins/PTLensPhotoshop.plugin. The PTLensPhotoshop.plugin is still where I placed it in Elements 11. It was working satisfactorily for two months until it suddenly disappeared from the Filter menu. What happened and how do I remedy this situation?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 21, 2013 9:49 PM   in reply to Bob3250

Try this first:

1. Close Elements.

2. Launch the Photoshop Elements Welcome Screen and hold down ctrl + alt + shift as you click Editor.

3. Continue to hold the keys until you see a message box asking if you want to delete Photoshop Elements settings file; click Yes. Elements will open with default preferences.

If it doesn`t work Try to load plugin again. http://blogs.adobe.com/pselements/load-plug-ins-at-launch-of-photoshop -elements/

Thanks,

Garry

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 21, 2013 11:07 PM   in reply to ukgaurav

ctrl + alt + shift

actually, command+shift+option

Have you tried reinstalling it? I'd do that if the settings reset doesn't work.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 21, 2013 11:57 PM   in reply to Bob3250

Press and hold the CMDSHIFTOPTION keys (3 keys) as you start up the Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor which should ask about resetting preferences at which point you can let up on the three keys and answer affirmatively.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 22, 2013 12:10 AM   in reply to ssprengel

When you press CMD + SHift and click to either launch Editor from Welcome Screen or directly from app icon of Editor you get the folder with Support file etc. at that point just navigate to your plugin file and click Choose. This is the process to load plugin on run time.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points