Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Warp Stabilizer

Mar 21, 2013 9:34 AM

After a while the warp stabilizer effect looses it stabilization. I cannot pinpoint when.

Unfortunately you can't see in the timeline which clip has the effect, as all the clips have CC.

I have to go through the whole timeline and press Analyze for all the clips that have the effect.

Anyone else?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 21, 2013 9:56 AM   in reply to Ann Bens

After a while the warp stabilizer effect looses it stabilization....

Anyone else?

Not I... If you can get a poratble, repro-able case (like a small file that makes it happen every time), pleas send it my way.

If you delete the render files, the timeline render bar should go red for warp stabilizer whenever it's not yet fully analyzed and applied (even if it is an accelerated effect for you). Is that the case?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 21, 2013 11:37 AM   in reply to Ann Bens

The bar stays yellow and there is no blue bar for the clip

OK, I thought that might be the case. It still thinks the effect is already applied evene though you're not seeing it, so you won't be able to use the rennder bar as a way to tell you which clips have lost the effect. If I can repro your case I will log a bug for you.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 22, 2013 1:11 AM   in reply to Ann Bens

Ann,

If I were you,  I wouldn't waste my time with Adobe's warp stabilizer.  Get Mercalli's stabilizer.

http://www.prodad.com/home/products/video_optimization/300391667,l-us. xhtml

I really like PP 6.0.3 but certain tools need improvement.

I had 3 hrs. of NASCAR race video  to stabilize that was shot as very extreme telephoto settings.  Mercalli ripped through it like a hot knife going through butter.  No project bloat, no problems for 3 hrs. of video.

I did a short 10 second test.  Mercalli took 7 seconds and Adobe's warp stabilizer took 156 seconds. Plus, Mercalli has different modes, like glide camera, rock steady camera that make a big difference depending on what you shot.

It's $249, but if you value your time it is well worth it.  I have no association with ProDad - just a happy user.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points