Exit

Website Forwarding

Participant ,
Mar 21, 2013 Mar 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 2 websites

Both should point to

www.edgecliffelectric.com.au (one of the sites)

(this site displays in the browser)

But

www.edgecliffelectric.com/      (server not found - site doesn't display)

both have nameservers

Name Server 3: ns1.worldsecuresystems.com
Name Server 4: ns2.worldsecuresystems.com
Name Server 5: ns3.worldsecuresystems.com

and I have set up forwarding for the website in the site management to:-

edgecliffelectric.com    Forwards To - www.edgecliffelectric.com.au           

Is the forwarind only for Email? - Do I set different namerservers for each site?

How do I forward a doamin name to anothr domain name in business catalyst?

I have asked this questions previously but I thin it may have been unclear - so hopefully this is a better question.

Cathy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 21, 2013 Mar 21, 2013

Hey Combridge007,

I've looked up your site in our system and it appears you are missing a couple DNS records from your site. To be specific, you're missing the non-www record for edgecliffelectric.com.au and the www record for edgecliffelectric.com. You will need to add these records to your site by logging into the admin console of your site > Site Settings > Site Domains.

For edgecliffelectric.com.au, click the 'New Forward' link and select edgecliffelectric.com.au from the first drop down list.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2013 Mar 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Combridge007,

I've looked up your site in our system and it appears you are missing a couple DNS records from your site. To be specific, you're missing the non-www record for edgecliffelectric.com.au and the www record for edgecliffelectric.com. You will need to add these records to your site by logging into the admin console of your site > Site Settings > Site Domains.

For edgecliffelectric.com.au, click the 'New Forward' link and select edgecliffelectric.com.au from the first drop down list. Leave the text field blank. Save this, and a non-www record for edgecliffelectric.com.au will have been created.

For www.edgecliffelectric.com, click 'More Actions' > 'New A-Record' and select edgecliffelectric.com from the first drop down and populate the text field with www. Select the other fields as you normally would and click Save. This will then create the www record for edgecliffelectric.com. Or alternatively, you can set it up as a forward as per the steps above.

Otherwise, as you have mentioned, both domains have been correctly redelegated to use our nameservers and no further action is required at the registrar's end.

If you require any additional help, feel free to reach out to us over chat by using the following URL: http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines