Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How to align a flat surface against a slanted one perfectly?

Mar 21, 2013 11:10 PM

Tags: #illustrator #adobe

Now I know ways of doing this. Matter of fact, I think I know a couple. I just feel as if there is an eaiser way of doing that I do. So can you guys tell me what you would do? This is with out messing up the shape, other than rotating it.

Picture for an example.

3-22-2013 2-00-18 AM.png

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 22, 2013 12:36 AM   in reply to Zevoxa

I would look at the the newley released ColliderScribe plugin from Astute Graphics, it will do all that you require and more, the added bonus is that it is cheap. A free trial is available.

Have look at http://astutegraphics.com/products/colliderscribe.

Mike

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 22, 2013 3:53 AM   in reply to Zevoxa

Zevoka,

Two fast one using Smart Guides:

A) Just with the paths already there:

1) Drag the blue one by the lowest Anchor Point to snap to that of the green one;

2) With the Rotate Tool, click the coinciding point(s) from one and drag the blue one round it by the lower part of the lower right side down at the green one until you are there and Smart Guides say path, you may also slide along the side until you reach the corner of the green one and Smart Guides say anchor.

B) With an auxiliary line (if larger operating sizes make you feel more comfortable):

0) Direct Select the left slanting side of the green one and Ctrl/Cmd+C+F+X+F to create an independent line, with the bottom left Reference Point chosen in the Transform palette/panel multiply the W by a number (5 or so) and press Ctrl/Cmd+Enter to make it long enough;

1) Drag the blue one by the lowest Anchor Point to snap to that of the green one;

2) With the Rotate Tool, click the coinciding point(s) from one and drag the blue one round it by the upper Anchor Point of the lower right side down until you are there and Smart Guides say path.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points