• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can we gather Multiscreen HTML5 stats with Robohelp Server?

Participant ,
Mar 21, 2013 Mar 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH10

RHS9

A bit confused here, and not sure if this should be posted in the MultiscreenHTML5 forum too....

I can publish our Help in FlashHelp Pro format, to our trial Robohelp Server, and gather stats from multiple workstations around the office. No problems there.

I can publish our Help in Multiscreen HTML5 format, to our web server and view it on multiple devices. It works.

Questions:

• Is it possible to gather stats at the Robohelp Server on the use of our Help when accessed via mobile devices (in Multiscreen HTML5 format)?
  • How?

When I build the Help in Multiscreen HTML5 format, I see there's an option to configure server settings in order to publish to a server. It's occurred to me that these settings refer to our web server - not the Robohelp Server. Is this the case?

Assuming this is the case, I imagine there may be a way for our Systems Admin people to monitor the use of our Help on mobile devices, tracking topics hits, search terms and so forth. However, it doesn't make sense for us to use a customised system like that for HTML5 access on the one hand, and Robohelp Server for the 'Desktop' access on the other. We need one system to gather all stats, preferably Robohelp Server. If we can't gather HTML5 stats via Robohelp Server, it may be the deal breaker re purchasing it once our trial version has expired.

Any ideas or alternate solutions out there?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2013 Mar 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt Multiscreen HTML5 will work on RHS as there is no Pro version. Good question though. I will check.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 22, 2013 Mar 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Peter pointed out there is no Pro version of HTML5 so that renders the RHS analytics solution dead in the water. However I'd have thought that by placing your HTML5 output on a server (whether this is the same server as the RHS application or not) you should still be able to use a third party analytics tool to deliver what you want. I'd be interested in hearing what Peter gets back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 24, 2013 Mar 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I've been talking with the guys here about capturing stats for the HTML5 hits to our web site, and I imagine we could well do that with the desktop-accessible version of our Helps too, which leaves Robohelp Server looking a little redundant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp