Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

image moves after updating

Mar 21, 2013 10:04 PM

I have a document containing some scanned linked images in indesign. However when I see some errors in in them, I crop them in Photoshop. When these images get updated, they either increase in  their size ( if I have autofit enabled), or  change their position if I have autofit disabled. Is there a way so that the image stays in place after I crop them in Photoshop? I’m using indesign cs6

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 22, 2013 3:56 AM   in reply to arjun2

You don't mention the version of ID, but it probably doesn't matter. You should expoct this sort of change if you change the pixel dimensions of the image. Why not do the cropping in ID instead of in Photoshop?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 23, 2013 2:36 AM   in reply to arjun2

Pixel dimensions is the size, in pixels, of the image. Resolution is how large you wish to print those pixels by specifying how may will fill a defined space, ie. 300 pixels in the space of an inch. Resolution has nothing to do with number of pixels that the image contains. When you crop the image in Photoshop you are cutting off pixels and throwing them away -- changing the pixel dimensions for the image.

> By cropping I guess you’re saying to adjust the blue outer lines when autofit option is unchecked right? That merely hides the undesirable portion of image rather than actually cropping.

That's what I mean (except that I also mean you can move the image around inside the frame rather than adjusting the frame itself). There is no functional difference in your output if you crop in ID, and there are plenty of advantages, like the ability to reposition or show more of the image, and the size of the image doesn't change if you edit.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points