Skip navigation
shikharesh
Currently Being Moderated

Severe pixellation PAL DVD format, Premier Elements 11

Mar 22, 2013 3:17 AM

Hi I am facing severe pixellation problem on a moving object, when rendered in Elements 11. The source was Sony mini DV captured as AVI through Premier and then rendered as PAL DVD output. Strangely, this shows up when the disc is played on DVD player. Same problem when the MPEG file is played through windows media player or VLC player. Strangely if the clip is imported into Premier 11 then the pixellation disappears. Pls help. The video is uploaded at the following URL:

http://www.sandakphu.com/video/Traintest1.mpg and can be downloaded from following URL http://www.sandakphu.com/video. Pls look at the yellow vertical hendles on the moving train.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 22, 2013 6:27 AM   in reply to shikharesh

What you are seeing is interlacing. This is because DVDs are interlaced, designed to be played on a TV, while computers and most player software on computers is non-interlaced.

If you play the disc on the TV, you will not see the interlacing.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 23, 2013 4:55 AM   in reply to shikharesh

Does your project settings match the avi's.

I once made the misstake of putting pal footage into ntsc settings (as it always opens default in ntsc settings, annoying)

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 23, 2013 6:18 AM   in reply to Ann Bens

Try using Publish & Share/Computer/AVCHD with the preset for YouTube SD. Then play this file on your computer.

If what I'm saying about interlacing is correct, you should not see these lines in this MP4.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points