Skip navigation
PrekoHR
Currently Being Moderated

TOC Paragraph Style Error *Help*

Mar 22, 2013 4:02 AM

Tags: #paragraph_styles #toc_error

I'm having trouble getting the TOC title and entrys to display with the designated Paragraph Styles.  I've had no difficulty with Character Styles displaying as desired (such as page numbering in the TOC), only Paragraph Styles in the TOC.  I've checked to ensure each Paragraph Style is unique and not overrided.  Any ideas?? thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 22, 2013 4:23 AM   in reply to PrekoHR

Did you create and assign new paragraph styles to the TOC elements themselves?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 22, 2013 5:12 AM   in reply to PrekoHR

Can you show us a screen shot of the OC dialog, please? Embed it in a post using the camera icon on the web page like this:

CameraIcon.png

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 22, 2013 5:12 AM   in reply to Peter Spier

Sorry, that should say TOC dialog...

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 22, 2013 7:12 AM   in reply to PrekoHR

Thank you.

If the TOC listings generated from TOC Location(TOC Global) are not formatted using TOC Primary (TOC Global) the most likely causes are either applied character styles or local formatting overrides in the paragraph itself that was pulled in. Those will trump the paragraph style in the TOC as well.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 23, 2013 2:47 AM   in reply to PrekoHR

It's possible that the file(s) are corrupt in some minor way, or your preferences, but this seems less likely than a formatting problem in the text itself. Nevertheless, take a look at Remove minor corruption by exporting and Replace Your Preferences. If this is a Book made from a collection of individual .indd files, I'd try the .idml method, save as completely new filenames, and create a new .indb file to add the new .indds.

It's alos important that your InDesing is up to date. You didn't mention the version, but check to be sure you have the latest patch installed.

Finally, this is a situation where seeing the file itself would be helpful. I'll send you an upload link if you may use, or not.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points