Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

New scam...beware of this email.

Mar 22, 2013 5:25 AM

Tags: #photoshop #cs #creative #suite #6 #scam

I just recieved the following email. Obviously it's a scam and the community members are a lot smarter than that but I just thought I would pass it along to Adobe and the community.

I think the big tip off here is the "%TO_NAME"

" It has come to my attention that you might have an interest in purchasing ADOBE Creative Suite CS6 Full version .

I am selling ADOBE Creative Suite CS6 Full version   --- the FULL  version, besides  it does not need to  go through the  "Activation" process.

Although this is a  not an "official disk" it works exactly the same,and has even more benefits. Since it has no activation files, it can
be installed unlimited times on as many computers as you like
which is a big plus!

The only down side to this is that there is no Web Based Support from Graphic COMPANY  because it was not bought from them.

It's functions is  all the same as  Store_Bought programs.

I'd be willing to sell it to you for a very low price of $100 USD .-plus a small shipping & handling fee.You simply cannot beat this offer.

This would cost you more than  $2000 USD.-plus tax in any store and you can only install the store bought version on one computer.

As I said there are not any limitations or restrictions with this type of version other than the web-based support,

but who really needs that anyways?  I don't.

If you want to purchase any Graphic  email me with your shipping address and I will even send it in advance.

You will receive it in 4-8 business days  and check it out for free to see if it is in perfect condition

(just check out whether it is readable on your system or not) just open it up and see if your computer can read the files and if so then

it will work with your system. Then email me back and let me know.

After I get your payment via an online-payment service such as Western Union which usually seems to work best for most people.

I will email you the code-number to install the programs .This is the best method to do this type of business online....

for all parties involved.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Thank You,

%TO_NAME"

"

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 22, 2013 6:21 AM   in reply to rogersphoto.com

Best of all, the malware that comes with it is FREE!!!

In fact, it's the only part that will actually install and function.

--OB

|
    Mark as:
  • fleeter samuelli
    12 posts
    Feb 3, 2013
    Mar 22, 2013 10:10 AM   in reply to OldBob1957

thanks for the warning

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 22, 2013 12:22 PM   in reply to OldBob1957

Ah, "the gift that keeps on giving!"

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 22, 2013 1:31 PM   in reply to rogersphoto.com

Giant red flag warning with a blaring siren: Western Union     

http://www.thatsnonsense.com/viewdef.php?article=western_union_scams

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 23, 2013 4:52 PM   in reply to rogersphoto.com

I agree with the others.  The only reason why they're sending it prior to payment is the disc has another motive to steal information from your computer and send it to these criminals.  The kids will jump on it because they're always looking for "free" Adobe software.

I never got one of these emails.  My spam filter must have caught it.

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,469 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Mar 24, 2013 10:01 AM   in reply to rogersphoto.com

The inclusion of malware with cracked/pirated software is the best thing we can hope for.  It will fix the problem culturally if cracked software gains a reputation for doing damage.  Whether people are smart enough to know it's happening...

Kids need to be taught to be honest.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 26, 2013 11:17 PM   in reply to rogersphoto.com

I just got this email, I feel like saying yes just to see what comes in the mail. Then burn it when it arives...

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 27, 2013 5:19 AM   in reply to Noel Carboni

Noel Carboni wrote:

The inclusion of malware with cracked/pirated software is the best thing we can hope for.  It will fix the problem culturally if cracked software gains a reputation for doing damage. 

Sadly, the type of malware that is most often added to cracked software does no physical damage to the user's system. Rather, it is keystroke loggers and 1+1+1 search engines looking for social security / credit card / bank account numbers and passwords.

Whether people are smart enough to know it's happening...

... And that's the problem. Most people will figure some store clerk or bank employee stole their info when they start getting the fallout. Never thinking of thie own infected computer.

Kids need to be taught to be honest.

Amen to that. But it is difficult when, so often, their parents are just the same. Situational ethics; the old; "It's okay if you can get away with it." garbage.

Getting off my soapbox now...

--OB

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,469 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Mar 27, 2013 8:25 AM   in reply to OldBob1957

Reasonable points, but I say that if a thief has their identity stolen - or worse - it couldn't have happened to a more deserving person.  Perhaps they'll get so bogged down in the aftermath they'll have trouble finding idle time to steal more software.  Fine by me.

Effecting a cultural change for the better will be difficult but is ultimately necessary.  Capitalism only works if everyone is substantially honest.  An honest wage for an honest day's work, honest profit from a good product, that sort of thing.

Why isn't morality taught more thoroughly in schools?  Teach 'em right from wrong, and show them the big picture - show them how if they steal something then they should expect to have things near and dear to them stolen.  What goes around comes around, that kind of thing.  Would parents complain that the school is trying to impose its morals on their precious little DNA carriers?  Do they complain that the school imposes its views on what side of the road we have to drive on in Driver's Ed?

As one who feeds my family and puts my son through college on the money I make selling licenses for software I've written, this subject is close to my heart.  I know how many man-months I've already had to put into anti-piracy measures, and frankly I'd like to have had that time for other things.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 27, 2013 8:31 AM   in reply to Noel Carboni

Noel Carboni wrote:

Reasonable points, but I say that if a thief has their identity stolen - or worse - it couldn't have happened to a more deserving person.  Perhaps they'll get so bogged down in the aftermath they'll have trouble finding idle time to steal more software.  Fine by me.

Effecting a cultural change for the better will be difficult but is ultimately necessary.  Capitalism only works if everyone is substantially honest.  An honest wage for an honest day's work, honest profit from a good product, that sort of thing.

Why isn't morality taught more thoroughly in schools?  Teach 'em right from wrong, and show them the big picture - show them how if they steal something then they should expect to have things near and dear to them stolen.  What goes around comes around, that kind of thing.  Would parents complain that the school is trying to impose its morals on their precious little DNA carriers?  Do they complain that the school imposes its views on what side of the road we have to drive on in Driver's Ed?

As one who feeds my family and puts my son through college on the money I make selling licenses for software I've written, this subject is close to my heart.  I know how many man-months I've already had to put into anti-piracy measures, and frankly I'd like to have had that time for other things.

-Noel

To paraphrase Robert Burns;

To all of that, and all of that;

I say Amen to all of that.

--OB

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers