Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Premiere Pro CS5 Creates a Pop Sound! :(

Mar 22, 2013 11:36 AM

Tags: #premiere #sound #in #pop

I have two editing machines. My main editing machine has no problems like this.

My new one is an Asus G75VX with great specs. Everything is great so far with editing video from my Sony HDR CX550V accept the audio has a very subtle pop sound in it when playing back through premiere and no matter how I export it there is a pop sound in the same places. Even if I "match sequence settings" i got it in the exported file.

The original file does not have any of the pop sounds. Here are the file properties:

File Path: E:\Video Projects\Video Files\Nashville\3-22-2013\20130321224040.m2ts

Type: MPEG Movie

File Size: 518.9 MB

Image Size: 1920 x 1080

Pixel Depth: 32

Frame Rate: 29.97

Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - compressed - 6 channels

Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - 6 channels

Total Duration: 00;03;13;06

Average Data Rate: 2.7 MB / second

Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0

This doesn't happen when I play the original file through Sony Picture Motion or any other player. But, when I play the exported premiere file through anything it has the subtle pops...

Please help, this is really holding me back!!!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 22, 2013 12:05 PM   in reply to Neofilm

Be sure to import clips via the "Browser" window, not just "File > Import". The Browser will do a better job of interpreting the type of audio and video formats you are working with based on metadata and file structure found during import through Browser. Hope this helps

Jeff Pulera

Safe Harbor Computers

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 22, 2013 2:24 PM   in reply to Neofilm

Also try deleting the Media Cache files.  PP will rebuild them when you open the project, and sometimes this corrects some issues.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 22, 2013 2:41 PM   in reply to Neofilm

Did you trim this clip in Premiere Pro?  If so, you may have trimmed it at a high peak on the waveform.  If this is the case, expand the timeline and track height as large as possbible and place the trim at the point that the waveform passes through the "0" line.  Audition has zero crossing alignment for trims, this is not a feature in PPro as of yet.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 22, 2013 2:44 PM   in reply to SFL46

Yes, non-Zero-Crossings can introduce "pops," as you mention. I have requested that same Audition Cut on Zero-Crossings function.

Often with the Timeline set to Audio Units, Snap OFF, and some tight editing, a non-Zero-Crossing glitch can be eliminated, but that Audition function would be wonderful.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points