I'm working on a product brochure which reqires the ability to change out images inside the PDF with a click of a button.
It's identical to what Apple use on their website, however I want to create it in AI and export it as a PDF.
Is this possible? Would it only work in Acrobat or would it be compatiable with Preview on the Mac?
The best eample of what I mean is here :https://www.apple.com/ipod-touch/features/
- Scroll down to the second image where you can change the color of the iPod/
I want to create it in AI and export it as a PDF. Is this possible?
Yes. You'll need Acrobat.
1. Draw the artwork in Illustrator. Put the elements of the artwork which need to change on a dedicated Layer.
2. Duplicate the Layer. Make the desired changes. Repeat for as many different versions as needed.
3. Save A Copy...as PDF. Turn on the Create Acrobat Layers... option.
4. Open in Acrobat Pro.
5. Create buttons. Set the buttons' Actions to Set Layer Visibility.
Would it only work in Acrobat or would it be compatiable with Preview on the Mac?
Don't know about Preview on Mac OS. It will work in Reader and in the Reader browser plug-in.