Skip navigation
takenbytracy
Currently Being Moderated

ELEMENTS 9 QUIT UNEXPECTANTLY

Mar 22, 2013 3:45 PM

I'VE BEEN USING ELEMENTS 9 FOR OVER 3 YRS, AND NEVER HAD A PROBLEM.  YESTERDAY IT QUIT UNEXPECTANTLY, AND SAID THAT MY SCAN DISK WAS FULL.  I ERASED ALOT AND HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO USE ELEMENTS 9 SINCE.  I UN-INSTALLED IT, AND THEN RE-INSTALLED IT 3 TIMES.  IT SHOWS THAT ITS LOADED CORRECTLY, AND WHEN I DOUBLE CLICK TO OPEN IT, THE BLUE BOX COMES UP TO BEGIN THE OPENING PROCESS, AND SAYS IN SMALL PRINT WITH ALL THE NAMES/CREDITS, THAT ITS SCANNING FOR PLUG INS.  THAT'S WHERE IT STAYS.  ELEMENTS NEVER OPENS AND THE ROUND RAINBOW CIRCULAR THING JUST KEEPS MOVING AND NOTHING ELSE HAPPENS.  CAN ANYONE HELP ME TO GET ELEMENTS BACK WORKING.  I HAVE 2 SESSIONS I'M EDITING AND THIS IS REALLY MAKING ME NUTS.  I'VE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM BEFORE THIS.  AGAIN, I DELETED ALOT OF FILES AND MADE MORE ROOM IN MY SCAN DISK.  THANKS IN ADVANCE

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 22, 2013 4:20 PM   in reply to takenbytracy

First, please turn off your caps lock. When you say "SAID THAT MY SCAN DISK WAS FULL" what do you mean? It said something about a scandisk memory card or it told you you don't have enough disk space?

How full is your hard drive? Go to applications>utilities>disk utility and click the disk usage tab to find out. We need to know the overall size of your drive and how much free space you have.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 22, 2013 10:09 PM   in reply to takenbytracy

Which version of OS X? Thanks for turning off the caps lock.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 23, 2013 2:03 AM   in reply to Barbara B.

Please try steps mentioned on this blog: http://tinyurl.com/bovy39o

Please revert if your issue is not resolved.

~Andromeda

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points