Skip navigation
chrischris82
Currently Being Moderated

Issue with Effects Mask

Mar 22, 2013 7:58 PM

I'm using Adobe Premiere Elements 10 on Windows 7. I've been trying to black out an LG logo from my video for copyright purposes. I utilize the effects mask over the logo and use the brightness/contract effect to just black it out. It works in the preview, but when I save as a MOV or MPG file, the blacked out square has moved to a different part of the screen. Please help. Thank you.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 23, 2013 6:27 AM   in reply to chrischris82

This is very common when you're using MPEGs (including M2T files) as source video.

What model of camcorder is your original video coming from?

If you're truly using copyrighted video material and you're trying to override its copyright, I'm not sure we can help you. Respecting others' copyrighted material is an important part of working with digital media.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 24, 2013 6:46 AM   in reply to chrischris82

The best solution is to use Share/Computer/AVI to output your finished movie as an aVI. (Do this BEFORE you try to mask the logo!)

Then open a new project. Make sure it's set up for DV. Add this AVI to it and mask out your logo. When you output any file from this project, the mask will be right where it should be.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 24, 2013 10:41 AM   in reply to chrischris82

I'm not sure what to tell you. If you add the effects mask to a DV-AVI rather than an MPEG or an MOV, it's always right on the nose.

What happens if you output another AVI from your AVI project?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 24, 2013 12:20 PM   in reply to chrischris82

One question, in two parts, please: exactly how/where was the mask created, and is it the exact same dimensions and PAR, as the Clips, to which it is being applied?

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 24, 2013 4:22 PM   in reply to chrischris82

Thank you for that clarification. I was thinking Track Matte Key, with a physical Matte on a higher Track. Please ignore my questions - you had even mentioned Effects Mask above.

Sorry,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 24, 2013 4:46 PM   in reply to chrischris82

I just tried the Effect Mask on an MPEG in a 1920 x 1080 (on the Extract Effect), and saw the Mask move several pixels in an AVCHD Export/Share.

I applied the same Effect and Effect Mask on an NTSC DV-AVI Widescreen 16:9 Clip, Exported to NTSC DV-AVI Widescreen, and there was zero movement - the Mask was rock steady.

Will try some other combinations, to see if I can get that Mask movement.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points