Skip navigation
vanessam1973
Currently Being Moderated

Nikon D600 Camera Profiles Not Showing

Mar 22, 2013 9:58 PM

Tags: #camera #camera_profiles #nikon_d600

Hello - I've spent hours trying to figure this out, but to no avail.  I'm running LR 4.3.  I have a Nikon D600 but am not able to see any profiles for it at the following path: C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles.  It is my understanding that the D600 is now fully supported, yet I don't have the profiles for it in the Profiles folder (or anywhere else for that matter).  What am I missing?  Where are the D600 profiles?  Please help!

Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 22, 2013 10:05 PM   in reply to vanessam1973

You can try to re-install LR.

Otherwise, I zip the profile for D600 and uploaded here for you: http://sdrv.ms/ZavAKL

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 22, 2013 10:21 PM   in reply to vanessam1973

Just to be clear, you are shooting raw files, right?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 22, 2013 11:43 PM   in reply to vanessam1973

The answer to your question is that you are looking for the LR D600 profiles in the Camera Raw profile location not the Lightroom profile location.

Upgrading to the Photoshop plug-in Camera Raw 7.3 and perhaps installing the DNG Converter 7.3 would put profiles in the location you have indicated, but the Lightroom profiles are elsewhere. 

On my Windows 64 computer the Nikon D600 camera profiles are spread across two folders:

• C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4.3\Resources\CameraProfiles\Adobe Standard
    • C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4.3\Resources\CameraProfiles\Camera\Nikon D600

It is probably best you don’t put zipped up profiles in a place they aren’t expected to be in case a new version install at some point either wipes them out or is confused by them.

Are you having issues reading the D600 raw files with LR 4.3, or are you just hunting for profiles and didn’t find them where you looked?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 24, 2013 12:48 AM   in reply to vanessam1973

Custom profiles in one of the Adobe places are ignored starting with LR 4.3, I think.

The place for user-created or third-party-downloaded profiles is where the Adobe DNG Profile Editor puts them, in the CameraProfiles folder, under:

C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw

The AppData folder is hidden, so you either need to have your “Show Hidden Folders”  enabled in Windows Explorer Folder Options or you can just type it into your Explorer address bar and hit enter when you’ve gotten as far as the YourUserName part.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/show-hidden-files-in-windows -7/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/show-hidden-files-in-windows -8/

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points