Skip navigation
Mobius32
Currently Being Moderated

Magnetic Lasso Tool Question/Suggestion

Mar 22, 2013 7:51 PM

Tags: #tool #cs6 #magnetic #lasso #selections

Hello:

I've been suing the magnetic lasso tool to make a selection of a group of people; there is a lot of going between legs and over heads, etc.  But invariably when I get about half way through the selection the magnetic lasson tool acts as if I've completed the selection, i.e. I tap the image and the point of the last tap suddenly is connected with my point of origin.  I have done this several times, making sure that I didn't tap too hard or anything like that, but that seems not to be the problem (I'm using CS6/Mac 10.6.8, for what it's worth).

So, my question is: is there a way to erase part of the selection?  I know about the add to/subtract from the selection; but that's not getting me back to where I need.  For example, the line that cuts through my group, the line going from my end point to point of origin, well, if I can delete that line and continue on from the end point that might resolve this problem.

Any assistance/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 23, 2013 12:17 AM   in reply to Mobius32

You could simply reach the limit of allowed points in a path. You will have to use multiple passes/ segemnts. I don't see why this should be a problem. Selections are selections. The path is merely a temporary representation of the selection border, the actual selection is pixel based, no matter what. Maybe look up a tutorial on how to work with saved selections/ channels? Just saying... Seems to me like you're trying to outsmart the program and doing everything in one go, which arely ever works...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points