Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

I am trying to resize an image

Mar 22, 2013 11:48 PM

I try to  resize the image but the canvas stays unchanged. How do you change the size so that the image and the canvas stays intact. Can it be done or should I use some other means to do this outside PSE?

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 23, 2013 3:57 AM   in reply to jopasnyt

I don't understand the question. Are you trying to select an object in order to place it somewhere else?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 23, 2013 5:55 AM   in reply to jopasnyt

drag the size to say something like 50 x 50.

If I understand correctly, you have an image 10x10 units , resolution not stipulated.

How are you "dragging"? Just what are you doing?

You open your image, and then duplicate the background layer. Now, you have 2 layers, background and background copy. OK so far. What is your next step?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 23, 2013 8:06 AM   in reply to jopasnyt

You need to do everything before sending it to the printer.

Following along with your work flow, background and background copy layers, get the crop tool out of the tool box. On the tool's option bar at the top, you can enter the width & height values, or, specify "No restriction". Now is the time to drag out the crop shield to embrace what you want to retain, then commit with the green checkmark.

TIPS:

It's best to crop to the size of your paper stock prior to sending it to the printer, either on your home printer or at a kiosk.

For printing, it's desirable to have a resolution in the 240-300px/in range. For web work, resolution 72px/in is ok.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 23, 2013 11:01 AM   in reply to jopasnyt

You're welcome. Glad to help.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers