Skip navigation
palurie
Currently Being Moderated

Color Picker in FW 5.1 completely broken in 10.8x

Mar 23, 2013 4:56 AM

Tags: #color #color_picker_problem #eyedropper #mountain_lion #fw_5.1

I am so frustrated.  Having had to update to 10.8 with a new 15" retina MBP, I am unable to use the built in Color Picker or Eye Dropper.

Instead of sampling the color under the dropper, I mostly get GREY, but if I move the eyedropper, it seems to pick up fragements of the color I am looking for, but wildly distant from the target point.

Also, clicking on the color box, to view the HexCode also doesn't work; in fact it changes the hex code to GREY.

Has anyone found a workaround?  I have read about the color shifts.... they are almost welcome, compared to total disfunction.

FireWorks was my main & favorite application since the Macromedia days... I am wondering what to do/

Suggestions?

Thanks

Peter

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 23, 2013 2:56 PM   in reply to palurie

Have you tried the MacOS Color Picker (accessed by clicking on the spectral circle icon within the FW color picker)?

accessing MacOS color picker.png

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 23, 2013 4:30 PM   in reply to palurie

Yeah, I was only suggesting the MacOS Color Picker as an alternative to grey. Being native to the OS, I figured it could bypass the retina display issues you may be experiencing. But then there are the integration issues with Fireworks, which lead to color shifts…

I don't have a retina display, so I don't have firsthand experience with this. Are there any system preferences that might help you in working with Fireworks? For example, the following article suggests that specific applications can be opened in "Low Resolution mode", which may help with visual issues: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5266.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points